Headed back to Virgin Media

Exciting adventures in meat space.
katarn

Re: Headed back to Virgin Media

Postby katarn » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:17 pm

Yeah, I get the impression both BT and Sky hubs offer the bare minimum. Some people buy a 4-way switch to plug into the highspeed port apparently, to give them the full whack across all devices.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:33 pm

In this instance I think the newer hubs have two higher speed ports. Found a comparison page that says:

That's just as well, as the Sky Q hub has only two Ethernet ports - although they both support connections of up to one Gigabit.

Wifi seems a bit patchy at the minute, but then it has only been up and running for 3 hours.

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:45 pm

Hmm my super hub 2 is getting more flaky with wifi, may have to leave it in modem mode and get a proper wifi router but any suggestions for something under £100 that anyone can recommend?

Do have the super hub3 in it's box but that is shit for gaming from all the reports about it.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

katarn

Postby katarn » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:42 am

Have you thought about wiring up the ethernet to your PC? It's always going to be better than wifi for online gaming.

You can buy flat cat5 cables to run under carpets and stuff.

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Oh it's weird to my pc directly but for the others in the house and mobile phone/tablet it keeps needing to be reset to give out a signal it seems.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Previous

Return to General & Real World