World War III

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Achtung Englander

Re: World War III

Postby Achtung Englander » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:01 pm

I do not think the S. Koreans want to unify with the North unless there is a second Marshal Plan, which there wont be. It will cost S. Korea a fucking fortune. Then again West Germany did pretty well out of the unification of Germany - so ..er - I dunno
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Saints Row 3 / Valiant Hearts (XBO)

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:38 pm

In the unlikely event that the Kims and any immediate probable heirs are all deposed, South Korea would presumably want to reunify before the power vacuum is filled in the North. It would be a gigantic humanitarian crisis, but after any hypothetical war the alternative of just leaving NK to pick up the pieces would be catastrophic.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:30 pm

The hurricanes in America seem to have taken the wind out of Kim's antics, hardly hear it mentioned in news now. No doubt he'll readdress this in the coming weeks.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:46 pm

oh don't worry that dickhead will be back

I feel sorry for the people of N. Korea. Not only are they brainwashed but in a space of just 70 years they have this
North Korea’s GDP ranking is 125th nominally. Practically half the nations in our world are wealthier than North Korea. It has a low GDP growth of 1% and has a GDP per capital of $1,800. In contrast, South Korea has a GDP per capita of $28,000. Basically the average South Korean has fifteen times more money to spend than the average Northerner.

yeah good luck with your fat boy leader.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:14 am

North Korea just fired a missile over Japan. Distance-wise has the capability to reach Guam, apparently.
My face is tired.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:58 am

the surprising thing is that although it made top billing on the news, there is less panic now. I mean short of war, what can we do about it.

It would be interesting to see if the media play this down and suck the oxygen from the attention Kim Jong un so desperately craves.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:23 pm

So...shit is starting to get a tad serious. Little Fat Man is threatening to detonate a nuke in the Pacific to teach The Orange Troll that he's not messing about. If that happens then I think we might be fucked :/

But one can always hope Kim's aides won't let this happen or China steps in and clips his nuts.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:58 pm

Kim's aides? I doubt they're any less delusional than he is. China doesn't seem interested in anything but sanctioning the country, which seems to have little effect. They're already known for starving their own citizens; they'll probably let millions dies before giving up their nuclear programme.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:05 pm

I don't think Kim's aides are necessarily delusional, but it seems like he's happy to blow anyone's brains out who looks at him funny, or falls asleep in a meeting, or who becomes too good at their job and therefore a perceived threat to his own grip on power, so I think they're existing in a huge culture of fear and terror of standing against him... so equally doubtful they'd resist him on this either.
My face is tired.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:33 pm

I am sure the US intelligence has shared with Russia and China the option that if NK nukes the South or Japan or anywhere really, America will launch at least 10 nukes against NK, assuring their complete destruction.

The ball than falls in Russia and China's court - what they do next will determine the fate of mankind. The fact that no one wants to die does not mean we wont die as there is no room for error with mistakes or miscommunication with nuclear weapons.

Piece of advice - if the situation goes south, best you die quick than survive a post nuclear war as your death than will be slow and painful.

I do not foresee a nuclear war, but anything is possible.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:55 pm

And once again it seems apt to remember that one of the few (only?) military actions the president of the United States can order unilaterally is a nuclear strike. Sleep well. :(
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Achtung Englander wrote:I am sure the US intelligence has shared with Russia and China the option that if NK nukes the South or Japan or anywhere really, America will launch at least 10 nukes against NK, assuring their complete destruction.

I can't see a scenario where the US would use nuclear weapons against North Korea, it's simply not necessary. Anything a nuke could do, a cruise missile could do without the civilian casualties. North Korea has no air force worth speaking of (a handful of mid-cold-war relics they can barely keep airborne), so airstrikes could take out anything else.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:09 pm

I doubt that is even an option if NK uses a nuclear weapon. Most of the facilities are in bunkers. To ensure the regime cannot threaten anyone else would require the entire country infrastructure taken out. Also remember this has a lot to do with image than anything else. If NK actually detonates the bomb on anyone else territory, it is a state of war.

Trump would not think twice in using nukes to take out NK, by means of retaliation.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:46 pm

Image is the problem with that scenario; nuclear retaliation is absolute overkill, and while I think it's the first thing Trump would go with, his advisors wouldn't let him do something so stupid. Nuclear weapons aren't any more effective against bunkers than conventional weapons anyway (the blast mostly just reflects off the surface), and the US has the best anti-fortification weapons in the world.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:45 pm

I hope you are right !!

Really I do

PreviousNext

Return to General & Real World