Trump

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Me
He's so not aard

Re: Trump

Postby Me » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:59 am

Raid wrote:If that's the case, then why all the sabre rattling?

You've got to think of it in terms of the target of the rhetoric. He's likely to be aiming the sabre rattling at his own people, rather than the world at large, to appear strong against their national enemy.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:07 am

Me wrote:
Raid wrote:If that's the case, then why all the sabre rattling?

You've got to think of it in terms of the target of the rhetoric. He's likely to be aiming the sabre rattling at his own people, rather than the world at large, to appear strong against their national enemy.

Raid wrote:If North Korea's rhetoric is just for the benefit of its own people, then why does the outside world pay any attention

Indeed. :P

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:15 am

I should read more posts ¬_¬

Anyways, the media pays attention because its news, people are always interested when another country insults them. Then their own government has to react in some way. Normally a ego driven nutter like trump isn't in power so nothing substantial happens and it gets ignored.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:17 am

By all accounts, Trump's whole diatribe about fire and fury the likes of which the world has never seen - all ad-lib.

What a deranged Edwin.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:25 am

Of course it is, "....the like the world has never seen" is his catch phrase! Hes even realised it, there was something he said yesterday where he said "...the likes... bigger than weve seen" :lol:

I enjoyed that Gorka said the USA is no longer a superpower, they are now a hyperpower. Soon I assume they will be an ultrapower next then an EX Alpha + Upper power later.

My favorite of the day was Tumps surprisingly over the top and hardline response to Putin expelling hundreds of American diplomats from Russia.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:23 am

What a fucking prick.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:40 am

Diplomacy is overrated anyway. Who needs it when you can just threaten to bring down fire and fury as an alternative.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Seems to me the key to the current debacle is Trump's extreme egotism. Not to excuse Kim and his party at all, but aggressive rhetoric has been NK's default mode for more than half a century. The difference I'd argue isn't even that they possibly have missiles reaching the US, as they've had (non-nuclear) missiles capable of reaching countries such as Japan and, funnily enough, South Korea for a long time. If they were simply out to damage their perceived enemies, they could have done that at any time.

The difference is in Trump's response compared to previous US administrations. Whenever NK cries "Death to America!", the default US response is to give a stern public condemnation and then sort things out in the background to prevent escalation. Trump, however, is incapable of letting an insult lie. NK throw some abuse at him and his immediate response is "Oh yeah?! We'll fuck you up, you little punks!"

Kim is a troll, as is Trump, but Trump also happens to be an idiot and Kim has found the right buttons to push (none of them nuclear).
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:28 pm

I suppose it's possible while these two fucking idiots are busy spouting bullshit at each other, there's also people on both sides quietly working in the background to ensure nothing happens. Just let the kids vent at each other while the adults keep an eye on things.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Thinking about it, couldn't those people on the NK side show Kim a clip of Independence Day or similar and tell him they successfully destroyed America and everything's fine now?
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:47 pm

I just realised we're looking at this the wrong way; Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un aren't really all that different. They both need to convince their populations of their resolve (albeit for slightly different reasons), and they're both prideful, boastful megalomaniacs. This escalation of rhetoric hasn't happened under previous presidents because they didn't share such similar, yet competing interests.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:48 pm

They also both have ridiculous haircuts and look like they eat awful food.

In fairness to Kim, when he fires someone it's usually out of a canon into a wall.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:44 am

I love how China is swiftly becoming the most reasonable country around. Moving towards sustainable energy, staying in Paris, telling both of the dicktaters to back the fuck off...
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:56 pm

All about the soft power these days is China.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:59 pm

Animalmother wrote:They also both have ridiculous haircuts and look like they eat awful food.

In fairness to Kim, when he fires someone it's usually out of a canon into a wall.

So OK, it is a pretty horrifying thing, but I did think that Kim dealing with 'traitors' by publicly blowing them back to their component atoms with an anti-aircraft gun was kinda stylish. Dictator-stylish to be sure, but nonetheless = a lot more 'sit up and take notice' than their disappearing, or getting a firing squad :shock:

PreviousNext

Return to General & Real World