want to buy a music player device

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Jez

want to buy a music player device

Postby Jez » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:05 am

So I want to get back into running again. My iPod gave up the ghost ages ago. So I have 2 requests here really.

1) Need something that's light, decent make/build quality with a reasonable amount of storage - needs to be able to download from......the next question....

2) Which legal download service is the best these days? I cant be arsed with the clunk of iTunes. Any recommendations?

Thanks guys. You younger lot know more about this than I ever will. :D

Rusty

Re: want to buy a music player device

Postby Rusty » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:24 am

Just started running again myself and tend to not use any music. I feel I need to be aware of my surroundings... maybe it's just the area I live in :)

I take my phone with me (for ytracking GPS etc) and that obviously holds music and plays it...

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:34 am

Are you bluetoothed? Smartwatches are kind of amazing for it and your phone would be the downloady platform. Also get various fitness tracking bumf if youre into that. Means nothing in your pockets at all except buckets of sweat. It would rule out music streaming services (spotify, deezer etc..) because none of those would download to your watch for offline play..... unless you want to shell out for an apple watch S3 and data plan to stream apple music on the go.... :?

If you have an iphone the gen 1 apple watch can be had for well under 100 now second hand and is still perfectly fine (its what I still have). That would still mean for the most part, going through itunes right enough. If youre on droid theres probably a multitude you can get under 50 by now.

As for a traditional one that can download by itself I cant really think of much other than the ipod touch or a cheap small android phone. The latter is probably the best bet, it'll be cheap, self downloadable and take wired headphones.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:53 am

I'm on android Samsung s8. I don't want to go back to Apple stuff it irritated me enough before :)

What about Google play and all that can I download onto devices using their music services?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:03 pm

Spotify is what I use for all my music, you can download tracks to play offline if you are a monthly subscriber, Google Play Music allows you to do the same. You can get fitness bands which have music playing capabilities, but they are unlikely to have a vast amount of storage. Most also require bluetooth headsets as they don't have headphone jacks.

For me I'm just happy with running with my phone in my hand.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:20 pm

thought about that but the S8 is a chunky biggish thing.

Ah well nevermind - i'll hum on the way round :)

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:26 pm

You can get items that allow you to strap it to your arm.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&key ... bd88ho9b_b
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:28 pm

its an option i guess :) I feel a twit with those on but you're right. Perhaps needs must.

Return to Technology & Hardware