Download Crash?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Subway Diet

Download Crash?

Postby Subway Diet » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:15 am

This new PC I've built has got to be one of the best systems I've ever owned. Damn near perfect operation all around... with one exception.

When downloading large amounts of data, it's prone to having a hard lock, straight up freezing everything and requiring the system to be powered off. At first I thought it was something to do with the Diablo 3 installer, but when it started to happen while downloading big games from Steam, I started to notice a pattern.

As a layman in the troubleshooting and technical departments, I can only assume it's a problem with either the wireless network adapter. That, or maybe something USB or HDD related.

Any ideas, guys?
End of an Era

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Re: Download Crash?

Postby Wolfy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:45 pm

During a download or right as it finishes? If it's the first, it might well be a driver problem with your network card or something.

Sometimes the drivers provided on the disc are god-awful (I'm looking at you, Linksys!) and the windows-own automatic update ones do the job just fine. You tried updating your drivers yeah?
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:06 pm

Thanks for the suggestion! I got a different, newer driver for the wireless thingy and have been able to download all manner of large files without problem.

Hopefully that's the end of it. :)
End of an Era

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:38 pm

It wouldn't be a new build without the one hiccup, thankfully minor! Back to the games. :) Same here, no win7 driver for my Add-in card, Win7 preferred the NIC port on the mobo so I left it.
Youtube Channel Currently Offline https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCImKjJptbRwGw0nHMykzeqg
Blog: http://kensmoviereview.wordpress.com

Return to Technology & Hardware