Deleting Windows.old SecuROM folder

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Prey
Admin

Deleting Windows.old SecuROM folder

Postby Prey » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:14 am

I just cannot get rid of the bastard thing. Tried everything I've found on google but no luck so far so thought I'd ask you guys instead. Anyone succesfully removed it in the past on Windows 7? Cheers.

Jez

Re: Deleting Windows.old SecuROM folder

Postby Jez » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:43 am

whats it doing thats annoying you? Should we all be getting rid of it or something?

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:45 pm

Trying to figure out of it's connected with the first BSOD I've had in 2 years or more ever since I installed Win 7.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:38 pm

I've used unlocker in the past to get rid of seemingly undeleteable files, don't know if it'd help in your case Dave m8 but it may be worth a try - http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:22 pm

Thanks mate that did the trick with removing the folders. Sadly I still get the BSOD but after a little google search I've come up with the following...

The BSOD I have a hunch is caused by igdkmd32.sys, Intel's intergrated graphics chip driver. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

katarn

Postby katarn » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:29 pm

A lot of people switch of their onboard graphics in the BIOS setup, along with sound if they have a dedicated soundcard - if you do that, Windows won't detect it any more and maybe that'll sort it out.

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:29 pm

I'd see if there was a BIOS update for the mobo that maybe adds in the option to disable the integrated chip. Then update it and see if the BSOD continues or not.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Return to Technology & Hardware