Apple ][

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
eVoL

Re: Apple ][

Postby eVoL » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:06 am

Thats a lot of pressure hes putting on it. Pretty sure the glass on my 5 would crack if I put similar pressure on it.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:52 am

I don't think I would be able to bend my phone with just my hands.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:09 pm

That people are managing it with their pockets means someone failed in the QA department :)
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Reports are that they're bending just from being in people's pockets for prolonged periods of time. That sounds like a pretty big flaw in my book.

Maybe I'll get a Galaxy Note 4 instead.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:02 pm

Yeah, one the the tech sites had a guy leave it in his front pocket for 4 hours while he drove and that bent his.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Annoyingly I do still really want one though. I had a play around with the Plus at an Apple Store today and it feels amazing compared to my tired old 4S. If I bought one I'd intend to keep it for at least three or four years though considering how much of a bigger investment it would be, and I just know that in that time it's almost certainly going to snap in half if the reports are so widespread after only a few days on sale.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:42 pm

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:36 pm

iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3 have been revealed by Apple. The Air 2 is thinner and more powerful than the previous one whilst the Mini 3 is basically the same as the previous version except you can get it in gold.

Now as people no I am no fan of Apple products, but I have to say the pricing on these two tablets seems so out of whack. You can get an iPad Air 2 for £399 which is expensive to me, but in keeping with previous iPads. Where things get strange though is that the Mini 3 costs £319. So for £80 more you get a better, faster, bigger and nicer tablet. It just makes the Mini seem to overpriced. This is compounded when you consider that the Mini 2 has been reduced to £239. Finally you have a situation where the iphone 6 and 6 Plus are more powerful than the Mini 3. Why would anyone ever buy an iPad Mini 3?
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:33 pm

I am totally fed up with Apple. I am not going to buy another Apple device again.

After upgrading to iOS 8.1 for my iPad I cannot transfer any movie files to or from the computer. Before it was easy. Using an app called AVplayerHD I could add files using the + button. Now the interface is so fucked that there is no App toolbar anymore and Apps are only found in the summary panel on the left. When you highlight an app you can only delete it - well that is no fucking good is it.

Similarly how do you add files to Adobe ? What was once so easy is now not possible.

I do a lot of flying and I take my iPad to watch movies - I can now longer transfer any movies to the tablet. Oh yes I can very easily buy from the App store but you know what Apple - fuck you and your closed system.

After ditching my iPhone for a Samsung I have not looked back and if it was not for Facetime I would sell my iPad and buy a Surface tablet or an Android tablet.

Apple have lost me forever now. I will not but from them ever again. I feel I have wasted £500 now.
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Saints Row 3 / Valiant Hearts (XBO)

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:44 pm

I love my surface so much more than my iPad.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:39 pm

I had to buy an iPad because my brother and my mum have one and I will admit Facetime is superior than Skype but seriously if it was not for Facetime I would not have got one

Please can someone help me. Using iTunes 12.1 (the latest) how can I add files to an app (like Adobe) for a iPad (or iPhone as I presume its the same). This is driving me nuts. The so called company that prides itself on user interface can kiss my hairy arse.

Criticism of Windows is fair but Jesus their interface is fucking genius compared to Apple's closed infrastructure

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:14 pm

Use the VLC app. You dont use itunes, it uses a web browser interface and you just drag and drop. Supports most file formats too, its rather wonderful.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:22 pm

Are Surface Pros actually worth getting yet? I'm still pretty firmly in the iPad camp when it comes to tablets.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:36 pm

Depends on what you want to do really.

If it's just consume media (whether web, video or whatever) then the surface isn't worth the extra, but I use mine as a mobile office/podcast recorder as well as a tablet and as a cheaper cintiq drawing tablet so for that it's well worth the £200 or so more than the iPad. Also I got my iPad free and still dislike it it :P like Achtung I find it a chore to get stuff onto it (though less so since I started using google drive).
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:03 pm

I just figured it out. The far right hand bar - scroll down and then you can add files to apps.
my fault :roll:

....still not buying apple

PreviousNext

Return to Technology & Hardware