ATi Hardware/Drivers Thread

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Have you tried ATI Traytools instead of CCC?
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:36 pm

Nope, I'll track that down and give it a go, thanks Geraint.
Youtube Channel Currently Offline https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCImKjJptbRwGw0nHMykzeqg
Blog: http://kensmoviereview.wordpress.com

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:52 pm

Catalyst 9.7 WHQL Released

New Features

ATI Catalyst™ 9.7 – AMD’s first official unified Windows7 / Windows Vista Microsoft WHQL certified graphics driver for the Windows 7 RTM

AMD has delivered its first official unified WHQL certified graphics driver designed for the Windows 7 RTM (Release To Manufacturing)
ATI Catalystâ„¢ 9.7 delivers a superior Windows 7 experience:
Great gaming performance – superior performance compared to Windows Vista for single GPU configurations and ATI CrossFireX™ configurations
Stability – through AMD’s WHQL certified, unified Windows 7 / Windows Vista graphics driver
Leadership in Innovation – support for all the Windows 7 WDDM 1.1 features and AMD ATI Catalyst features on the ATI Radeon HD 4000 Series, ATI Radeon HD 3000 Series, and ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series of products

ATI Catalystâ„¢ Control Center Updates
The ATI Catalystâ„¢ Control Center now features:
A newly designed Desktops & Displays Manager - enabling users to more quickly configure and arrange their displays
Full support for HydraVision under Windows 7
The new ATI Catalystâ„¢ Control Center is supported under Windows 7 and Windows Vista

Performance Improvements

Catalystâ„¢ 9.7 brings performance benefits in several cases where framerates are CPU-limited. Some measured examples are:

Crysis - performance at very high quality preset increases by up to 8% on HD4800 series products
Lost Planet Colonies - performance increases by 7-11% when 8x Anti-Aliasing is used on the HD4800 series products

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:17 pm

Catalyst 9.8 WHQL

Performance Improvements

The following performance gains are noticed with this release of Catalystâ„¢ 9.8:

Battleforge DirectX 10/DirectX 10.1 - performance improves up to 15-50% in CPU limited settings with the largest gains in CrossfireX configurations
Company of Heroes DirectX 10 - performance improves by up to 10-77% in CPU limited settings
Crysis DirectX 10 - Dual CrossfireX performance improves as much as 10% and Quad CrossfireX performance improves as much as 34% in CPU limited settings
Crysis Warhead DirectX 10 - Dual CrossfireX performance improves as much as 7% and Quad CrossfireX performance improves as much as 69% in CPU limited settings
Far Cry 2 DirectX 10 - Dual CrossfireX performance improves as much as 50% and Quad CrossfireX performance improves as much as 88% in CPU limited settings
Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. DirectX 10/DirectX 10.1 - Dual CrossfireX performance
improves up to 40% in CPU limited settings with Quad CrossfireX performance
improving up to 60% in CPU limited settings
UnigineTropics OpenGL - performance improves 5-20%
UnigineTropics DirectX 10 - Quad CrossfireX performance improves 5-20% in
CPU limited settings
World in Conflict DirectX 10 - performance improves by 5-10%

[Prey]

Postby [Prey] » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:39 pm

[Prey]

Postby [Prey] » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:39 pm

"AMD unveils Eyefinity and next-gen Radeon GPU"...

Outside of some really big numbers that we can mention, the new GPUs support a brand new feature called Eyefinity, a method by which to connect up to six monitors to a single video card.

Yes, you read that right - six monitors. No limitations either. Feel free to hookup six gigantic 30" displays if you want. Not all the new video cards will support six outputs, but three seems to be the new minimum.

Full Report

Jim

Postby Jim » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:00 pm

Finally, we can all go out and buy 6 monitors!

Or we can not.

[Prey]

Postby [Prey] » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:20 pm

Arf.

If you have a Radeon HD XXXX card and Vista or Windows 7...

Catalyst 9.10 Beta Released:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pa ... river.aspx

Released for the new 5800 graphics cards but they also support every other HD card also.

katarn

Postby katarn » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:02 pm

Something for me to think about - I have a 4850 and I'm getting Win7 next month..

nevermore

Postby nevermore » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:03 pm

There are drivers for every other card, this is basically support for their new range.

Windows 7 support for the older cards has been available for ages.

[Prey]

Postby [Prey] » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:04 am

2010 new architecture

AMD is internally talking about its next generation stuff, something that looks to be the next, 2010 generation of DirectX 11 hardware.

The codename is Hecatoncheires, named after gigantic fifty headed creatures of great strength in Greek mythology which despite being weaker than Titans, managed to beat them. A simple analogy would put Nvidia in the role of Titans, and since Hecatoncheires had more heads, this would suggest a larger chip with more shaders.

In ancient Greek, Hecatoncheires means "hundred armed" and from what we hear this is a brand new architecture and not just improved version of R770, something that RV870 is.

There will be six other Greek names to take a place of three desktop and three mobile chips and they should be ready in late 2010.

Source: Fudzilla

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:33 pm

Well thankfully it's a codename because I can't be assed trying to pronounce that.

Intel just names everything after rivers but AMD just has to be different...

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:29 pm

Heck A Ton Cherries?

Excellent. I just want someone to bring out the next gen ASAP so I can grab a cheap nifty card. My FPS is starting to suck with current gen games on my 8800.

[Prey]

Postby [Prey] » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:38 am

Next year I'm going to finally nab myself one of these...

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... ubcat=1502

Seeing as though I completely missed out on the 4XXX generation of cards, but then my 3870 can still handle everything that is currently out there. It's amazing just how fast entire new ranges of graphics cards are now being released.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:12 pm

Catalyst 9.10 WHQL are out

Working spiffingly on Win7 64bit, AMD seem to have really got their act together on Win7 drivers.

PreviousNext

Return to Technology & Hardware