Gaming Time Machine - What Would You Kill?

Steamz and moar.
DjchunKfunK

Re: Gaming Time Machine - What Would You Kill?

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:59 pm

I've played the latest. It's a bad attempt at an open world game that feels soulless and empty.

EDIT: I like the sounds of Ni No Kuni 2 as well.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:19 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:I've played the latest. It's a bad attempt at an open world game that feels soulless and empty.

Yet for some reason it gains a top rated " recommended " from RPS :roll:

Professional reviews are fucking stupid. Wonder what Worth a Buy Mack thinks of it.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:46 am

RPS' recent review history is very sketchy, I don't pay a lot of attention to their reviews these days.

As to the OP, I am not sure there is a game I would kill - I thought about games I am not a fan of, genres etc, but I may not like them but others on here do.

So what I would kill is TES Oblivion's Horse Armour ever coming into being. It was that which bumped the concept of paid DLC into life. At the same time I would also kill LA Noire's season pass - the first such vileness and again the start of the downward slope.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:49 am

Jez wrote:
DjchunKfunK wrote:I've played the latest. It's a bad attempt at an open world game that feels soulless and empty.

Yet for some reason it gains a top rated " recommended " from RPS :roll:

To be fair, DJ just said he'd banish Final Fantasy games because they're rubbish - I don't think he's their target audience. :lol:

From what I've read from various sources, if you buy into the buddy road trip aspect then it's pretty good. In my first hour I set up a campsite and got my friend to cook us all some fried eggs, which was nice. I'm not sure yet if that can sustain an entire game, though. I did want a fried egg afterwards.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:52 am

I think it'd be fine to kill the FF series for any entry after 10. Anything negative said about the five prior to that is sacrilege though.

I think FIFA should die a horrific death.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Even if you like the road trip stuff, the characters are terrible and the combat is really dull Dynasty Warriors type fare. You are right that I'm not a big fan of JRPGs and I've yet to find one that I really like, however this is the least JRPG like FF they have done and it's still a bad game.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Fair enough - I just thought it was funny that Jez decided professional reviews are stupid because RPS said FF15 was good when you, who had literally just said you thought Final Fantasy was a terrible series and would kill it dead from history, didn't like it. :)

(On the other hand, RPS reviews are mostly crap these days, particularly when dear Mr Walker gushes over some indie game that's probably not anywhere near as good as he proclaims).
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Previous

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group