Your Yuletide Game of Choice?

Steamz and moar.
Prey
Admin

Re: Your Yuletide Game of Choice?

Postby Prey » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:53 am

I've been playing a shed loads of Paladins (Tyra ftw) and have also finally picked up PREY for a tenner, so far it is really pushing all the right buttons and I don't think I've genuinely jumped so much in a game this much for a while, it's paranoia overload. So far I still prefer the original but I've only played a little under two hours.

katarn

Postby katarn » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:20 am

I've been playing through Xenonauts off and on. Much better than the new XCOM games, don't know why I ended up waiting this long before playing it.

I've got Arkham Origins installed and ready to play next.

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:35 pm

Prey wrote:I've been playing a shed loads of Paladins (Tyra ftw) and have also finally picked up PREY for a tenner, so far it is really pushing all the right buttons and I don't think I've genuinely jumped so much in a game this much for a while, it's paranoia overload. So far I still prefer the original but I've only played a little under two hours.

I think naming it after the Original game did it no favours at all to be honest. As a standalone game it is rather great fun though and should have been a new IP. Would have garnered far more interest to people like me that is still waiting on Tommy to reappear :(

Mostly been playing Players Unknown and Wow doing mythics + runs on my blood DK while streaming it all for giggles.

Thanks to Sly also been entangled into They are Billions which is addictive as hell. Brutal and sometimes your starting position just plains suck to get far. Still loads of fun and still not been able to get to the Titan units :oops:

Did grab a bundle of games in the Xmas steam sales that I will slowly get round to playing and streaming my first play through's :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:38 pm

Really enjoying my return to Subnautica.

They've added shit loads of new stuff in the last year or so. The new fully voiced story stuff is brilliant. Very well voice acted and adds lots of intrigue to the thing. I've just built a small installation fairly close to my initial start point in order to build better things like seamoth/prawn suit and eventually a Cyclops submarine.

This is such a simple game but it hides a huge amount of complexity and interaction. Being very relaxing but also then moments of high tension. The crafting side is interesting and engaging without then becoming an overwhelming chore.

The crafting initially guides your progress but the story side knits in seamlessly here and there to point you in directions that maybe weren't obvious.

Just a great little game that deserves lots of support.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:57 am

I bought this and have been playing a bit. Question, I can get oodles of titanium and copper from sandstone nodes and bits of old wreckage, but where can I find gold, silver etc (primarily silver at this stage)?
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Lee

Postby Lee » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:26 pm

I'll have to dive back into Subnautica again then. Really hoping they get that TrackIR into it still :)

Snowy no idea what game you're talking about as I think the link is broken perharps?
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Snowy wrote:I bought this and have been playing a bit. Question, I can get oodles of titanium and copper from sandstone nodes and bits of old wreckage, but where can I find gold, silver etc (primarily silver at this stage)?

Sandstone should also give silver and gold. Each type of geode seems to give 3 differing materials. Keep tapping to get lucky :lol:

Previous

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group