Since steam won't let me cash out steam wallet

Steamz and moar.
Lee

Since steam won't let me cash out steam wallet

Postby Lee » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:32 pm

Righty not sure how to go about this but here's the deal. I sold a very valuable item in steam (playing players unknown has it benefits eh :P ) but since I could do with the cash and you know how steam won't let you get the money from your steam wallet into your bank or credit card. And not to be using some 3rd party site either I thought of this. Wish that Steam would let you do this is and not have to do shenanigans like this.

If you're looking to buy a game on steam, let me buy it and gift it and you instead send the cash through paypal to me. I'm only going to take up any offers from long time members here since I don't want to be screwed on over myself.

I currently have £144 left from the trade and to be honest not many games are enticing me to get. And god does it sound like a ningerian prince sorta scam too >.>

So if interested just pm me.

Also if this is going to get the forums in trouble mods feel free just delete this :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Rusty

Re: Since steam won't let me cash out steam wallet

Postby Rusty » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:58 am

Holy shitballs. What did you sell?

I need to play PUBG more to make a living out of it :)

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:07 am

I am curious too, what did you sell and for how much?

Will let you know if I want anything from Steam too bud.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:37 am

I bet it was the pink miniskirt.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:36 am

Mantis wrote:I bet it was the pink miniskirt.

Are you sure he wouldn't keep it? It sounds very Lee :lol:
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:04 am

Question on this in general.

If you found something of value of considerable significance... Like thousands of pounds worth or maybe less or more are you saying there is no way to cash that back to your bank account? I mean to buy these items in steam surely you have to put money into the account from your bank but steam doesn't allow a reverse transaction?

katarn

Postby katarn » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:34 pm

Buy Steam Link and controller or something, then when it's delivered sell on Ebay?

You lose a bit on fees I guess, but if you don't have enough trusted friends to send you money on Paypal for games it's an option.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:43 pm

Jez wrote:Question on this in general.

If you found something of value of considerable significance... Like thousands of pounds worth or maybe less or more are you saying there is no way to cash that back to your bank account? I mean to buy these items in steam surely you have to put money into the account from your bank but steam doesn't allow a reverse transaction?

Correct.

Pretty shit really as like Lee I sold some PUBG stuff for stupid money and now I have it just sitting there in Steam mocking me. Although I have spent a considerable amount of it on games I wanted I'll probably end up pissing the rest away on trading cards. #-o

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:08 pm

Jez wrote:Question on this in general.

The wallet doesn't allow reverse transactions if you deposit cash into it, but you don't have to do it to buy items off the store. You can just use a card/Paypal like you would when buying a game.

Bit of a bummer but I'm not sure there's much of an issue with it really. If you sell something worth a lot of money, you're getting something for effectively nothing. It's not like you've really done anything to earn it if you've just been lucky enough to land a good loot drop. The little reward is that you basically get free Steam games for a decent period of time.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:12 pm

I guess one issue is that certainly for new games anyway the prices you pay on Steam are far in excess of what you could buy a key for from other sites.

Maybe wait until a Steam sale.
My face is tired.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:56 pm

I got the white schoolgirls skirt from a crate and sold it for £220 but after Steams cut (you know to stop fraud and other stuff bullshit) was left with £191. I know, the penny pinching Scott in me is outraged!

Aye you can't transfer any money from the steam wallet back to where even you used to add steam funds. Even game refunds I believe it is steam wallet funds you get and not to say your credit card or even paypal if you used that. Unless they have changed recently.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:00 pm

I think refunds are back to whatever card or Paypal account you used to purchase it. It's been quite a while since I got a refund through Steam but I'm fairly certain that nothing went to my account wallet.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:20 pm

Isn't this in some way contravening consumer protection rights? Giving you just the option to spend in the same place seems to be wrong.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:06 pm

Mantis wrote:I think refunds are back to whatever card or Paypal account you used to purchase it. It's been quite a while since I got a refund through Steam but I'm fairly certain that nothing went to my account wallet.

I refunded X-Rebirth, Mega Man collection and the money went into my steam wallet instead of my credit card. Like I said unless they changed it recently to go back to credit cards etc.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:07 am

Yeah stuff bought with Steam Wallet funds goes back in as Steam wallet funds. It's a pain that you can't cash out, but it is a necessary restriction to stop stuff like fraud and money laundering.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Next

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group