PC GAMER top 100 PC Games 2017

Steamz and moar.
Prey
Admin

PC GAMER top 100 PC Games 2017

Postby Prey » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Every year, the team compiles a list of the 100 best PC games you can play today. Our process is deliberately subjective: each participant picks their personal top 15 games, and then the team gathers to narrow that list. We only allow one entry per series, with a couple of notable exceptions. You’ll also find some of our personal picks thrown in—games that we individually love, but which didn't get enough votes to make the list.

Try your very best to actually work through the list and not just jump straight to number 1 to see what it is! As an example 2005's F.E.A.R. makes it in at number 97...

Andy Chalk: Combat in FEAR is magnificent chaos. Glass shatters, dust billows, and sparks, paper, and body parts fly in loud, explosive gunfights against some of the finest, most believably ‘real’ AI ever created for an FPS. Enemies flank, they take cover, they chatter and they toss grenades with infuriatingly good timing and accuracy. But what I love most about it is the way it weaves a genuinely horrific tale through all that action, breaking up the manic combat with intensely disturbing stretches of creepiness and a few moments worthy of any pure horror game.

Andy Kelly: I reinstall FEAR at least once a year just to experience that amazing shotgun again. Every shooter has its own unique shotgun, but there’s something immensely satisfying about the one in FEAR. How it violently kicks back when you fire it, and the exaggerated way enemies tumble when you shoot them in slow motion. I’m not usually one for fetishising weapons, but I’ll make an exception here.

Steven Messner: Speaking of fetishising guns, how can we not talk about the 10mm HV Penetrator, the gun that fires giant steel stakes and crucifies enemies against walls? I get that FEAR’s shotgun deserves a lot of praise, but to me the Penetrator is one of the greatest guns of all time. It’s the perfect weapon to use against FEAR’s ragdoll enemies. I used the gun so damn much that I feel like whoever had to go through after me and clean up all the dead bodies probably suffered some pretty severe trauma from seeing hundreds of people nailed to cubicle walls.

Read the Top 100 here...http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-pc-games/

Jez

Re: PC GAMER top 100 PC Games 2017

Postby Jez » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:59 pm

Number 1 fully deserved choice :)

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:16 pm

15 deserved!

8 though.... :/
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:20 pm

eVoL wrote:15 deserved!

8 though.... :/

At least they put the right Mass Effect game at #7.

Oh yes, I went there.
My face is tired.

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group