The Angry Joe Blow

Steamz and moar.
Prey
Admin

The Angry Joe Blow

Postby Prey » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:39 am

Pretty sure you guys will be aware of the frankly insane backlash Angry Joe received recently simply for letting his subscribers know he was taking a break from his Angry review series and was having a much needed vacation. He ended up having to disable comments and likes/dislikes and the toxic backlash was rather severe. Just wondered what your guys thoughts on the whole shit show was? Here's a quick recap...

Content creators have actual lives too. Entitlement is the root of all evil.

Mantis
Admin

Re: The Angry Joe Blow

Postby Mantis » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:14 am

Whilst I fully support the guys decision to do whatever he wants with his YouTube channel and not cave in to entitled fans, I think the vast majority of content he produces is just dross with no real merit whatsoever. Just another shouty person on YouTube whose success stems from the fact that he was one of the early people on the scene.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:40 am

I find myself aligning broadly with his likes and dislikes on what he reviews. He's not that shouty really unless he's properly annoyed with something..the aliens: colonial marines one is YouTube gold and well worth watching for a laugh. He's entertaining enough and informative enough for me to not dislike him.

Point in context...the guy is entitled to a holiday like anyone else. The internet needs to stop being a dick about it.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:54 am

What Jez said.

Anything he does that isn't a game review is a pretty tough watch though in honesty.
My face is tired.

Lee

Postby Lee » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Good in sort doses when it's something I am vaguely in watching but his fans have a point about his content being really shitty so far. But coming out against your fans like that in the first place isn't the smartest thing to do. It is what got him to where he is and able to do. Once you start mouthing off at your fanbase you're going to be in scrambling to make a response to halt the spreading damage done.

Also he seems to be more interested in doing the movie stuff more than games (from what I read) and I don't think many of his subs like that. Best thing I would have done, stuck that on a separate channel but I got a feeling he knows it wouldn't get looked at so wants it there.

And never fight with trolls, they will win every time. Ignore or ban them.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:36 pm

He should just have done a Spoony and just stop and let the patron money roll in.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:41 pm

If he had any sense he would have just announced he was taking a short break and left it at that. He basically ended up learning a harsh lesson that just because you appear to be popular with your Youtube audience they will turn on you the instant entitlement rears its ugly head. People on the internet are toxic waste of the lowest order.

As for his show, I dip in now and then but do find him a bit grating, I do like his co-host though.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:35 pm

eVoL wrote:He should just have done a Spoony and just stop and let the patron money roll in.

Have you seen his Patreon recently?

https://www.patreon.com/spoonyexperiment

Spoony is a weird one. Seems to tweet even more regularly than Trump, but refuses to make any more videos (if an almost total black-out in terms of announcing his future plans counts as a refusal).

Shame, I used to like his stuff. I still watch his Ultima retrospective a couple of times a year.
My face is tired.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:57 pm

I know it's dropped a lot but if someone wanted to give me 4-500quid a month for duck all I'd be ok with that.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:09 pm

Does Angry Joe have a Patreon, because if so then I think if you are going to take a break you need to flag that up ahead of time as people are basically contributing towards you producing content. However if people are just mad because he stopped producing content on Youtube for them to watch for free then that is just crazy.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:29 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:Does Angry Joe have a Patreon, because if so then I think if you are going to take a break you need to flag that up ahead of time as people are basically contributing towards you producing content. However if people are just mad because he stopped producing content on Youtube for them to watch for free then that is just crazy.

No, he doesn't. Heard him talking about that in one of the videos he posted responded to the trolls.
My face is tired.

Lee

Postby Lee » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:21 pm

The only thing I had known Spoony was for the Betrayal shouting at some E3 with Angry Joe, till I watched someone do a brief video on him. He wasted quite a good thing there. But aye wouldn't mind $600 for doing zilch a month :lol:
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:35 am

Never liked Angry Joe, mainly because his anger is at a frankly amateur level. As to the opinions of the pond-life of the internet, it is only a thing for those pond-life and anyone who pays them any mind. Don't feed trolls, just ignore them.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:41 pm

He should know better than to discuss things in Youtube's comments section. Also I haven't seen one of his videos for years, when did he get so fat?
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:45 pm

You can get some good comments in the youtube sections though. SidAlpha is a good one for it even if he's been trying to go down the same route in wanting to lock it, then swaps his mind then goes back >.>

Just need to be used to skim past the trolls though. I really hate it when they start to lock down the comments section as I then lose the interest in going to their channel even if it's just to say a line or two about the video.

If you're going to say provocative things in a video don't be a coward and ban all discussion on it. It's a reason I like WorthABuy's Mack as he does engage and let you pretty much say anything within limits but will just ban those that keep pushing the line or just straight up trolling. That's how you deal with it and you get much respect from me for it.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Next

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group