PC GAMER Article: Do we really need Half-Life 3?

Steamz and moar.

Does the Modern Gaming World Really Need Half-Life 3?

Yes
35%
No
52%
Pffft. All you need is DOOM!
13%

Total votes : 23

Prey
Admin

Re: PC GAMER Article: Do we really need Half-Life 3?

Postby Prey » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:56 am

You guys crack me up. :lol:

I ANSWER TO NOBODY FOR MY CRIMES!!!!!!!

*runs*
Mantis wrote:I was looking for your post about the new Assassins Creed to respond to earlier on and you've already deleted it. -_-

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri May 05, 2017 8:00 am

Interesting quote coming from one of the studios that I consider to have made some of the best fps based games in recent times. What if Arkane made Half-Life 3?

“If I could work on a Half-Life game now, that would be terrifying. A lot of people are still waiting for Half Life 3, so If I had to work on that, I would be absolutely terrified. The bar was set so high back then, so I don’t think that anybody could ever meet expectations. To answer, I would rather not work on a Half-Life game.” said Colantonio

He then continued about the fact that it’s still a running joke among the team. “I’ll always joke with the designers about the fact that the Half-Life franchise would be the worst property for any developer to work on. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.” continued Colantonio.

http://press-start.com.au/news/pcmac/20 ... lf-life-3/

This for me highlights the true reason as to why even Valve aren't making the game - unmatchable expectations. Valve just don't want a Duke Nukem Forever on their hands that finally arrives and forever utterly tarnishes their track record. It could well be the best game they ever made but regardless it still won't be good enough for some because the gaming landscape in general has changed quite significantly since Half-Life 2 arrived. Who wants that kind of responsibility? Certainly not Arkane.
Mantis wrote:I was looking for your post about the new Assassins Creed to respond to earlier on and you've already deleted it. -_-

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri May 05, 2017 8:59 am

Could be a lot of truth in that. Fact is, they don't need to make HL3. They've got a good thing going and it probably doesn't make sense to risk rocking the boat with a lot of negative feedback for a game with such lofty expectations placed on it.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri May 05, 2017 10:34 am

Rock and a hard place really.

Previous

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group