Games of 2017

Steamz and moar.
DjchunKfunK

Games of 2017

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:12 pm

It's the start of the year so here is a huge list of primarily PC games due to come out this year.

http://www.pcgamer.com/new-games-2017/

Death's Gambit

Katana Zero

and Flinthook

all look right up my alley.

The new Piranha Bytes game, Elex, looks like it could be interesting.

Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Mantis
Admin

Re: Games of 2017

Postby Mantis » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:07 pm

Here's a little reel of PS4 exclusives due this year for those who are polygamous with their systems.

Some generic looking games but also some very strong ones. Looks like a year where I'll actually pick up a few PS4 games, compared with the one I bought in 2016.

Nioh, Nier Automata, Drawn to Death, Gravity Rush 2, Wipeout, Persona 5 and Pyre all look great. Some of them will be guaranteed pickups from me.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:58 pm

Have you played the Nier:Automata demo?
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:11 pm

Not yet no. I just tend to always really love anything made by Platinum. It's on PSN I take it?

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:19 pm

Really need to look at a list of games and start circling which ones I want to get. Looking at what's listed as coming out in 2017 on Wikipedia:

Already mentioned being excited for Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Persona 5 and Gravity Rush 2. Red Dead Redemption 2, if it doesn't slip.
Strafe, Horizon Zero Dawn, Halo Wars, Hellblade, Prey, Yooka-Laylee and State of Decay 2 are on a wait and see list.
Scalebound and Nier: Automata have me very curious.

(Would be shocked if Shenmue makes it this year. :o)

Other than those, I'm expecting more to be announced and to be stumbling over some smaller games.

I guess you never really know if it's been a good year for games until it's over, but from here, it seems a little underwhelming? At least for known big box releases.
End of an Era

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:24 pm

ME Andromeda is really close it seems, slated for a March release. I've barely seen anything on it so far, no doubt partly because I've not been seeking it out, but still...

I don't know whether to be excited for it or not. I enjoyed the ME trilogy massively so in theory it should be right up my alley, but I just dunno. May well wait for reviews and forums canaries to have their say before diving in.
My face is tired.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:32 pm

Sly Boots wrote:ME Andromeda is really close it seems, slated for a March release. I've barely seen anything on it so far, no doubt partly because I've not been seeking it out, but still...

I don't know whether to be excited for it or not. I enjoyed the ME trilogy massively so in theory it should be right up my alley, but I just dunno. May well wait for reviews and forums canaries to have their say before diving in.

Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:37 pm

Dr@gon-UK wrote:
Sly Boots wrote:ME Andromeda is really close it seems, slated for a March release. I've barely seen anything on it so far, no doubt partly because I've not been seeking it out, but still...

Yeah, I've seen a couple of vids. But all I've taken away from them is that they seem to have pushed it more down the visceral action/shooting game route the progressively took throughout the trilogy, which was the part I probably enjoyed the least. The high-octane battles where you're being assailed on all sides, maybe it's just that I'm getting old but those were the parts of ME2 & 3 that I endured just to get to the bits I loved.

Which is why at this stage I'm unsure. It could be the vids are unrepresented of the gameplay as a whole, though, which is why I'm holding out some cautious hope.
My face is tired.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:38 pm

There are some fantastic looking indie games on that PC Gamer list.

Tokyo 42, Mr Shifty, Katana Zero, Death's Gambit, Hollow Knight, Heart Forth Alicia, Eitr, No Truce with the Furies.

An underwhelming year for me would be full of big box release sequels and little interesting looking indie games. 2017 is actually looking fantastic so far.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:50 pm

ME: Andromeda looks incredibly boring so far. The combat looks identical to the last game, which was passable, and they are just showing a bunch of the same races. It all looks very familiar and after being bored for most of ME 3 I'm not sure I want more of the same.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:34 pm

Couldn't possibly agree more DJ. Everything so far looks precisely like they've taken some manner of me3 forgotten dlc and stuck it elsewhere.

I don't think there'll be much of a departure from the last and the second. The only draw so far for me is the omni-character skillsets allowing you to switch things up.

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group