Golden Joystick Awards 2016

Steamz and moar.
DjchunKfunK

Golden Joystick Awards 2016

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:30 pm

You can vote for them here if you want and also claim Sid Meirs Pirates and Spec Ops the Line for a £1 from Green Man, but I flagged them up more for the weirdness of the nominations.

Lets start with the good. Firewatch and Stardew Valley get a fair few nominations and smaller games in general are well represented. Now the strange.

The Last Guardian is up for Playstation GOTY as is Yakuza 5, both of which will not be out by the time voting closes. Civ 6 is up for PC GOTY and will be out, but only for about a week.

No Man Sky is all over the nominations despite being panned quite heavily by reviewers and the public.

Finally I might be being a bit paranoid, but the people who put these nominations together are either huge Playstation fans or something else is going on.

The Playstation gets 15 games in it's GOTY list compared to 9 or 10 for the other platforms, Sony has 4 titles on the list of Most Wanted Game, which is nearly 50% and of course No Man Sky is all over the nominations.

I know people often disregard these awards, but I still find it weird that something so simple can be messed up like this.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Sly Boots
MILF

Re: Golden Joystick Awards 2016

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:32 pm

Nominating unreleased, or barely released games is barmy. Hard to take the rest of it seriously after that.
My face is tired.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:39 pm

Man, I've not played that many games this year. Not touched most of these.

Also "Youtube personality of the year"? :lol:

Edit: Gone through the whole list. Yeah, I'm not qualified to vote on this. Just voting Doom or Overwatch in every category.
Edit Edit: And Undertale came out in 2015! What's it doing here?
End of an Era

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:33 pm

I would have had SOMA in more categories as that was really well done. Visually, audio and story. Characters voice work was really good as well.

NMS entries are purely down to Sony giving them cash for the event DJ. How else they get two games that aren't even released on it :P
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:45 am

The Golden Garbage awards as usual.

I laughed at the Youtube personalities too - I hadn't heard of a single one of them.

Also, XBone and PS4 are gaming platforms, but apparently PC isn't, only Steam. Who knew!
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group