E3 2016

Steamz and moar.
Prey
Admin

Re: E3 2016

Postby Prey » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:21 am

Basically what I mean is it was Nintendo's biggest and best opportunity to showcase the game running on the NX and not a walking dead console system that is due to be phased out anyway.

Forbes seem to agree with me with my outlook...

Showing off this game on a dying console is fighting with one hand behind your back. It’s almost certain that the NX version of Breath of the Wild will look much better than the already great-looking Wii U version we saw at E3. But why not just lead with that, given that you could put the best foot forward for both Zelda and the NX at very same time?

That would have created a doubly strong narrative. Not just that the new Legend of Zelda game looks incredible, but that the NX is poised for a strong launch because it’s going to have this incredible title at or near launch.

Instead, where are we? I guess some Wii U owners are glad that their console will get a game this good at long last, but we still know exactly nothing about the NX. Not its new gimmick (though Link using the “Sheikah Slate” as a central mechanic implies another gamepad-ish screen is probably in the cards) and not its graphical prowess either.

It still worked, obviously. We’re all sitting around talking about how great the new Zelda looks, which is a win for Nintendo. But the point is we could also be talking about how strong of a debut the NX might have, if we’d just seen footage from the NX version of the game.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/ ... 9326856b4c
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:42 am

Nintendo stated very clearly that the NX would not be there this year so to complain about them showing the Wii U version is just silly and is overly negative. Instead of focusing on what it wasn't how about focusing on what it is and how good it looked with the bonus of knowing that it will probably look even better on the NX. They still have time later in the year to show off the NX. E3 is not the be all and end all and that Forbes piece shows that they are perhaps living in the past a little by thinking that Nintendo needed to show off the NX at E3.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:07 pm

I have some pics - anyone want to see them or are we not fussed.
Games playing : Valiant Hearts (XBO) / Warp

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:34 pm

What sort of pics? I mean, will we end up on some sort of watch list if we look at them? I'm as curious as the next punter but some discretion is preferred.

Previous

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group