E3 2016

Steamz and moar.
Achtung Englander

E3 2016

Postby Achtung Englander » Sun May 22, 2016 8:16 am

So this year I am not going due to personal reasons, so like yourselves I shall enjoy following it from the comfort of my study chair. Actually I will be working still as I need to generate a 30 slide deck on E3 news, my boss will handle "on the showfloor" bits this time around.

Anyways....I thought I will start the conversation with this little bullshit gem :

Crytek Dev Explains Why E3 Demos Rarely Match the Final Game
http://gamerant.com/crytek-e3-demos-729/

What this comes down to, then, is not so much an attempt to deceive players, and more just the difficulty of creating a full gaming experience in a much more pressured timeframe.

Bullshit !. Not telling the truth is same thing as lying. So essentially it is giving us something we hope to see as opposed to actually giving us the final product which is less than what we hoped. That is dubious to say the least

Off rant, OK predictions anyone ?

- PlayStation 4.5
- Xbox One Keyboard and mouse intergration
- Xbox One price cut to $250

Nintendo's scaled back attendance with just their Treehouse and only one game announced - Zelda, and no Digital Event, this is pretty piss poor. I know they are saving NX reveal for the Tokyo Game Show, but for fuck sake, why even bother with E3 this year
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Wargame: European Escalation / Valiant Hearts (XBO)

Lee

Re: E3 2016

Postby Lee » Sun May 22, 2016 8:31 am

Oh man that excuse for it ](*,)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun May 22, 2016 9:07 am

Achtung wrote:Nintendo's scaled back attendance with just their Treehouse and only one game announced - Zelda, and no Digital Event, this is pretty piss poor. I know they are saving NX reveal for the Tokyo Game Show, but for fuck sake, why even bother with E3 this year

If they feel the NX isn't ready to be shown yet it makes sense. Nintendo recognise that you don't need to announce everything at E3 any more as the industry is big enough now that you don't need some massive industry wide event in order to get the press you need. Also in order for it to be poor, that suggests that Nintendo have some kind of obligation to show us stuff at E3, which they really don't.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Sun May 22, 2016 11:31 am

true but it would be better if they did not bother at all because to scale right back to just a simple stand is not doing the company good service

E3 itself is becoming less popular with publishers falling out with the ESA and Mike Gallagher who has not been a very champion for the industry imo. Activision and EA are already doing their own event, away from the convention centre, most probably in a bid to make them stand out from the madding crowd. I do not blame them to a certain extent
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Wargame: European Escalation / Valiant Hearts (XBO)

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun May 22, 2016 11:34 am

That is a terrible excuse for demo/release disparity. If that was me saying that to a journo my asshole would be pinching waiting for the howls of laughter and awkward questions.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Wed May 25, 2016 9:05 pm

Prey 2 domain updated. Possible E3 announcement?

Prey wasn't exactly a runaway hit), rumors persist that the sequel is still alive, hidden away in a dark corner of some unknown studio. Most recently, fan site Alien Noire tweeted a couple of weeks ago that a new Prey, being made by Dishonored developer Arkane, will be unveiled on June 14, the first day of E3.

The source of the rumor isn't revealed, and it seems more likely to be that an announcement would come on June 12, the date of its E3 presser. But yesterday the site strengthened its case when it pointed out that the prey2.com and prey3.com domains were recently updated—on May 21, according to a /whois—to point to a Prey 2 Facebook page. That page isn't currently available, but the link isn't broken: It's not visible, possibly expired, but it definitely is (or was) there.

http://www.pcgamer.com/prey-2-domain-up ... t-rumored/
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu May 26, 2016 9:03 am

I've been hearing murmurings about this for a while, could be something in it. I think if Bethesda are going to resurrect this property they have a tough task ahead of them. After the original demo people have constructed a version of the game in their heads that I don't think it is possible to make. Developing a game in that climate will be incredibly difficult.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:39 am

With rumors swirling about new Xbox hardware at E3, Microsoft has dropped the price on Xbox One through June 13

Microsoft today slashed prices on its Xbox One bundles by $50 across the board, which means you can now pick up a new Xbox One for just $299. The "limited time" promotion runs through June 13, which not coincidentally is when Microsoft's E3 press conference will be held.

Called it but I was $50 off.

Heard rumours that Xbox team will announce 2 new streaming devices to play games as a way to
- keep a share of digital sales
- upgrades to HW cheaper if they release new models every year. Think of a Chromecast at $50 or so. All the processing is done on the cloud and streamed to smaller devices at home.

Let see how the wind blows but this generation could be the end of the big console as we know

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:41 am

I'm usually excited around this time in the build up but I dont even feel a mild tingle for this year.....
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:27 pm

Same. eSport/Moba titles, 'AAA' rehashes of the same old shite, a total lack of any exciting IP making use of VR tech, and that will be about it I suspect.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:45 pm

Hoping for some news on things like the new deus ex, dishonored 2, the new mass effect and there's always the occasional surprise in these things I'm sure this year will be no different.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:21 am

I don't expect to see many more MOBAs announced, that fad seems to have passed and now we appear to have moved on to arena/hero shooters.

The only real big mystery surrounding this year is what Warner Bros are going to be showing. They don't really have anything announced apart from more Lego and the Batman re-release. Would be nice to see what Monalith have been up to.

That streaming stuff makes sense what with the newer version of the Xbox One being so much more powerful than the original, would perhaps allow developers to push the new system a bit more and still allow people on the old one to have some sort of similar experience.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:14 pm

As far as I know Warner are not going to attend

The only big MOBA coming out that I am aware of is Paragon

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:34 pm

I'm predicting something Duke Nukem related and hopefully Serious Sam 4.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:38 pm

Let see

Dishonored 2
Watch_Dogs 2

Hopefully some new IP as well

Next

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group