CD Key Stores

Steamz and moar.
Wrathbone

Re: CD Key Stores

Postby Wrathbone » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:22 pm

They do name the publisher if they source the key directly from them, though.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:36 pm

That's true.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:56 am

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/06/21/deve ... h-of-games

I thought Prey posted recently about an issue he had with G2A, but I can't find it.

Whilst the developer asking G2A for a refund isn't quite correct as he was fleeced by the reseller, I do think their lack of care that this kind of stuff goes on on their site is bad. G2A obviously don't seem to care where the keys they are selling come from. It's similar to ebay selling stolen goods I guess, although ebay get a cut of the sale whilst G2A take a cut of the transaction fee.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:13 am

The developer didn't even take into account that the games in questions have been on many sales for much lower than the RRP on steam through places like Humble Bundle for instance and it's just a business swavy person snapping up loads of keys to sell them later on for a profit. Something that these places shouldn't be allowing you to buy as many keys as it is. How many stores limit sale deals to per customer for that reasoning? Quite a lot.

Also the comments highlighted the same issues with it.

Formerly MrAnnoyed

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:21 am

It's very unlike Prey to delete a post :-k
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:38 am

G2A have responded with the following statement.

TinyBuild should connect back with us and provide us with the list of suspicious keys for further investigation. Thereafter, G2A will be happy to publicly release the results of the investigation of this case with tinyBuild.
G2A.COM calls for tinyBuild to provide their list of suspicious keys within three days from the date of this transmission.

Apart from the weird three day ultimatum I think that is a reasonable request. tinyBuild have responded by saying they refuse to do such a thing because it would take too much time and effort and instead issued an ultimatum saying G2A have 3 days to fix this. Not exactly a grown-up response.

I'm really not sure what tinyBuild want at this point. They claim to have lost thousands of pounds worth of sales, which turns out to be incorrect, and they want G2A to do something to get the money back, but they wont supply them with a list of keys that might have been stolen.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:16 pm

Remember when you were little and you were angry with mum for some reason. She would smile nicely and try to calm you down and talk about what is upsetting you. For some reason that just makes you even madder
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Wargame: European Escalation / Valiant Hearts (XBO)

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:40 pm

The phrase "connect back with us" made me pretty angry.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:42 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:G2A have responded with the following statement.

TinyBuild should connect back with us and provide us with the list of suspicious keys for further investigation. Thereafter, G2A will be happy to publicly release the results of the investigation of this case with tinyBuild.
G2A.COM calls for tinyBuild to provide their list of suspicious keys within three days from the date of this transmission.

Apart from the weird three day ultimatum I think that is a reasonable request. tinyBuild have responded by saying they refuse to do such a thing because it would take too much time and effort and instead issued an ultimatum saying G2A have 3 days to fix this. Not exactly a grown-up response.

I'm really not sure what tinyBuild want at this point. They claim to have lost thousands of pounds worth of sales, which turns out to be incorrect, and they want G2A to do something to get the money back, but they wont supply them with a list of keys that might have been stolen.

I've seen people commenting that G2A response was horrible. But I don't see how it was. It was a straight up offer to deal with it as long as Tiny Build helped them in identifying the stolen keys. Which is pretty much any response a business will do.

Just smacks of a dev team not fully aware of what their own lack of responsibility has caused them. Sucks but it's something they can try to learn to correct in future. Or if not then *shrugs*
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:47 am

Lots of people seem to think that G2A wants a "complete" list of keys (whatever that means) and will then skim the unused codes off the top to sell...
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:52 am

Loads of people really do hate G2A and other key sites don't they. Without realising if they were doing illegal things the lawyers would be at them straight away for it.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:17 am

Edwin wrote:The phrase "connect back with us" made me pretty angry.

G2A are not an English company so the phrasing will sound weird because of their grasp of English.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:08 pm

The new service, revealed to Eurogamer but currently absent from its official sites, will offer developers up to 10% of all sales made through the site. Customers will also be able to pay devs directly through a separate button on the game's G2A page.

In addition, G2A has pledged to grant devs and publishers access to its database to help track keys from source to sale. Major key resellers have long be suspected of using stolen credit cards to buy bundled keys in bulk before reselling them on G2A. That's a colossal problem to stamp out, but G2A appears to be taking a step in that direction.

The feature is due to go live July 29.

http://www.pcgamer.com/g2a-to-offer-dev ... key-sales/
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Previous

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group