Paradox buys White Wolf.

Steamz and moar.
Lee

Paradox buys White Wolf.

Postby Lee » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:27 pm

Could it be a new Vampire the Masquerade game in the works now after Paradox bought White Wolf IP from CCP?!

PC publisher Paradox Interactive, known for franchises like Europa Universalis and Cities: Skylines, has just expanded its IP portfolio significantly by acquiring White Wolf Publishing from CCP Games in an all-cash deal. White Wolf is known for its fantasy and RPG brands (World of Darkness, Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse) that have spanned tabletop and collectible card games, PC games and books. The company had merged with EVE Online developer CCP Games back in 2006.

Under the terms of the deal, Paradox Interactive acquired all of White Wolf's brands and the new White Wolf will operate independently as a subsidiary of Paradox, led by CEO Tobias Sjögren (left), former EVP of Business Development at Paradox. Paradox boss Fredrik Wester believes that White Wolf's IP complements his studio's existing franchises quite well.

"Like Paradox's games, White Wolf's properties have dedicated, passionate communities. While there are similarities in spirit, White Wolf's IPs have very different themes than Paradox's titles, and deserve their own brand and team," said Wester. "We have great respect for White Wolf's gaming worlds and see big opportunities for their expansion in the future under our new subsidiary."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... publishing
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Wrathbone

Re: Paradox buys White Wolf.

Postby Wrathbone » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:39 pm

Excellent news - Paradox and CCP are two of my favourite devs, and I'd trust either of them to make a good new Vampire game. My only concern is that Paradox have a lot of stuff on the go at the moment, but if they're just acquiring the licence for future use then fair enough.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group