Party Hard

Steamz and moar.
Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Party Hard

Postby Snowy » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:19 am

Party Hard is a new-ish indie title that I picked up on a whim the other day.

The premise is that you are a bloke who wants to get to sleep, but at 3am the party downstairs is still raging. And so are you. So you go downstairs and are tasked with killing everyone at the party.

Visually and aurally it owes quite a lot to Hotline Miami, with kinda 8-bit visuals and a thumping synth soundtrack, although that is where the similarities end. Within each setting (there is a story linking your various murder sprees from the first one) are lots of things that can be used to whittle down the numbers - poison the drinks, push people into the BBQ pit, cause a bull to go on a rampage etc. You also have a knife for up close and personal slayings.

The trick is not to get caught. If people see you in the act of murdering someone, or in the close vincinity of one of the recently departed, they will run for the phone and call the cops. Likewise if a cop is on the scene looking over your handiwork they may also move in for the arrest, especially if witnesses talk to them.

While not a flawless experience, it is a lot of fun. It is surprisingly hard, with elements on each map randomising each time you play. It has a high 'just one more go' factor too. The downside is that there are never enough traps to kill everyone, and you finish each map waiting for the last people to move out of sight of others so that you can slip over and and administer some stabbings. Thankfully you have the ability to dance like a twat in order to get people to move away from you (although it doesn't always happen that way, they MIGHT just kill you instead).

Snowy's review, 7/10. Worth a punt for a tenner, better if you can bag it for less.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Subway Diet

Re: Party Hard

Postby Subway Diet » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:01 am

Didn't even read your post. Sorry. :(
Last edited by Subway Diet on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
End of an Era

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:10 am

^^^^
Beat me to it :lol:
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:18 am

One of my favourite visuals from a music video: A haggard Andrew W.K head banging alone in front of a giant, neon PARTY HARD sign. It's like something from a hard rock totalitarian regime.
End of an Era

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:04 pm

I had watched TB video on this a bit back and will be getting round to playing it as it looked a hell of a lot of fun in it. Getting the police to run over people queuing to get into a party was funny to watch :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:13 pm

TB made a video about Andrew WK?
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:22 pm

No :P

Formerly MrAnnoyed

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group