Gamescom 2015 - 1st Week in August

Steamz and moar.
Quietman

Re: Gamescom 2015 - 1st Week in August

Postby Quietman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:51 am

I'm very tempted by that Halo 5 edition X1... plus the exclusives are beginning to come now which makes the console seem worth having... almost.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

NG

Postby NG » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:05 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments ... e_for_the/

Steam accidentally leaks the queue page for the new Paradox Development Studios game a day early: STELLARIS: Grand Strategy, On A Universal Scale

LINK: https://i.imgur.com/EekVpZc.png

Paradox Dev Studios are the same company who brought us the Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings series. Tomorrow at 20:00 CEST, at Gamescom, they will be announcing the new IP they have been working on.

Steam has accidentally released the splash page for the new game, which looks to be a space-exploration grand strategy.

More info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/c ... is_up_now/

And shoutout/blatant advert to /r/paradoxplaza in general, a great community for players of Paradox games.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:50 pm

so very busy day

The highlight was meeting Phil Spencer for 10 minutes. Talked about digital numbers.

Had behind doors look at Scalebound, Horizon New Dawn, win10 gaming (excellent presentation by a really passionate project manager) and played some Lego Dimensions and MGS Phantom Pain, both were very good. Also tried the remastered Gears which was great fun

Walked the floor but for some reason I am not feeling it this year like I did last. I think the games this year are all very good so it could be me, I might be a bit jaded. Lots of PC gaming here as expected, but nothing is really exciting me. There was a demo of Total War Warhammer but had no time to have a look. The Blizzard booth was pretty impressive. Staying in the same hotel as Blizzard guys and bumped into an old friend who works for Blizzard, which was nice.

Tomorrow I have 4 meetings and I will not bother with show floor because its public day (which means its bloody awful). All the business people are leaving Friday and my flight is the afternoon on that day. Might spend Friday morning in a museum with tomorrow my last day at the convention center

Wish you guys could replace me because I am just so very tired.
Games playing : Alan Wake American Nightmare / Metro 2033 / Total War Thrones Of Britannia / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain / Orcs Must Die / 2000:1 A Space Felony

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:40 pm

well that was knackering

Did some more Project Morpheus and played some Nintendo games during a behind doors event

Glad its over....can I come home now !
Games playing : Alan Wake American Nightmare / Metro 2033 / Total War Thrones Of Britannia / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain / Orcs Must Die / 2000:1 A Space Felony

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:45 pm

No! We demand photos of you waist deep in lederhosen accosting transsexual prostitutes in the middle of day outside a religious establishment of some repute. The Nikolaikirche will do if you struggling to find somewhere.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:26 pm

Well - this is awkward

http://www.pcgamer.com/games-for-window ... microsoft/

You see when I read these quotes from Kevin Unangst, the words were remarkably similar, if not dead on to the words he used to answer my questions about Windows For Live and Steam stores competing with Windows 10

I asked these questions in a room with Kevin and about 5 other journalists, who I think included Ian Dransfield. Now I cannot be sure but he looked like the guy who sat to my right

I definitely was the one who asked these questions because I know I fucking asked them !

I do not know whether to be humbled or upset or surprised.

Anyway I am taking a non-recognized pat on the back on getting my questions answered published on PC Gamer !
Last edited by Achtung Englander on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:29 pm

Medicine Man wrote:No! We demand photos of you waist deep in lederhosen accosting transsexual prostitutes in the middle of day outside a religious establishment of some repute. The Nikolaikirche will do if you struggling to find somewhere.

OK, I will do my best

German sausage gay pride, me loves it

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:19 am

Did you record the interview at the time? I'd be annoyed if someone else took credit for something I did, especially if it's going to be requoted on several other websites. Pistols at dawn with the cheeky Edwin I say!!

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:22 am

Did you get any frame data for Chun Lis moves in Street Fighter 5? ¬_¬

Also, you should email PCG. Maybe get a second job ;) This time next week you might be writing a top 10 gaming mouse mats with sponsored amazon links!
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:32 pm

eVoL wrote:Did you get any frame data for Chun Lis moves in Street Fighter 5? ¬_¬

Also, you should email PCG. Maybe get a second job ;) This time next week you might be writing a top 10 gaming mouse mats with sponsored amazon links!

I do not know if emailing them would help. I had a brief email exchange with Cory Banks, the editor of PC Gamer. What do I say

"Hi Cory - I think one of your journalists posted a response to a question I asked !. Bastard !"

In all fairness to Ian Dransfield, he did not say that Kevin replied to his question, only that it was a statement.

It is still fucking weird though

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:51 pm

Cory Banks edits PC Gamer these days? That tosser from the Gamers With Jobs podcast. How the mighty have fallen.

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:06 pm

Someone thought of a better question than me I better say it in my article since I was going to ask about the weather instead as I have no clue what I am doing ¬_¬

When are you going to give us videos of your questioning in future Achtung!
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:17 pm

no vids allowed. They sometimes get funny with pics too, especially when it comes to Alpha or Beta videos of games

Will spend some time tomorrow and will put photos online - will post link

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:18 pm

You could always try the camera glasses combo for secret espionage bond style tricks :wink:
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:41 am

Is it wrong to be disappointed that you are talking about gamescom pics and not some hot tranny lederhosen action?

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group