E3 2015 - June 16-18

Steamz and moar.
Medicine Man

Re: E3 2015 - June 16-18: Square Enix at 1800

Postby Medicine Man » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:05 pm

Except it is their core fans that are buying them, by the barrel load no less. No else even knows they exist never mind buying any, certainly not the Skylanders playing kids. It's all man babies.

I've already made my peace that we'll get Starfox and Zelda and that will be that as far as the Wii U is concerned, tbh I'm OK with that. I knew the Wii U was going to be limited in terms of games when I bought it, but with the dozen or so games we'll get that are worth playing in the end I feel happy I would've had my money's worth.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:10 pm

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:12 pm

Square Enix

Just Cause 3 out December 1st

New NeiR on PS4 from Platinum games. Nothing but concept art though more at Tokyo Game Show I'd imagine.

Lara Croft gets the Hitman GO treatment. Lara Croft GO

FF7 port to iOS this summer

Kingdom Hearts Unchained Key for smartphones. Also Kingdom Hearts 3.

Off to work now, ta ta. :)

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:35 pm

My Wii U has basically been my Mario Kart machine since it came out, and I continue to enjoy the hell out of that, but the other two big releases I've bought for it in the last year I've barely touched. I just don't have the time to spend learning Smash Brothers; I can play it, and enjoy it, but I'm basically floundering about doing small amounts of damage. I've tried to enjoy SMB3DW, but I just can't get into it. I'm sure it gets better later, but I'm three worlds in and it's so laughably unchallenging that I just switch it off bored and play something else.

I think I'm just done with Nintendo's core franchises, and there's nothing whatsoever that I'm interested in from third parties. I don't think Nintendo abandoning the Wii U is going to bother me too much.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:41 pm

I'm in the same boat, Mario Kart has barely left the drive since last May. Smash Bros just doesn't entertain me anymore and Mario 3D World was very dull when I tried 4 player co-op and I haven't gone back since. Those are literally the only things I own for the console.

Here's hoping Zelda and Starfox are good. Though Zelda's absence at the presentation makes me a little nervous that they're moving development across to the NX instead.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:54 pm

I was never a massive Starfox fan, but that just looked like a proof of concept. Ignoring the tilt-motion aiming, it could have been released on the Gamecube, nevermind the Wii.

Square Enix just announced Kingdom Hearts 3, which I think is a good thing, but I'm not in the slightest bit interested. They also showed a Kingdom Hearts mobile game, which, as ever with Squeenix mobile games, had all the style of a no-name web game (see the hideous looking remakes of FF5 and 6), complete with speech bubbles using a font that looked a bit like comic sans.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:18 pm

This Sqeenix presentation has had some decent looking games in it but holy crap they really need to work on their delivery. What a snooze fest.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Mantis wrote:I'm in the same boat, Mario Kart has barely left the drive since last May. Smash Bros just doesn't entertain me anymore and Mario 3D World was very dull when I tried 4 player co-op and I haven't gone back since. Those are literally the only things I own for the console.

Here's hoping Zelda and Starfox are good. Though Zelda's absence at the presentation makes me a little nervous that they're moving development across to the NX instead.

You should go back to 3D World. It has some fantastic stuff in there and I really did not like the 3DS one at all.

I'm wondering if the game pad will be forwards compatible with NX. The theory is it's going to be a hybrid system but allowing WiiU owners to buy a cheaper base station only and use their existing pad could go a ways to appease the jilted WiiUers and increase uptake. Probably would have a worse screen and no portability beyond the room it's in but it would be something. It's a really good controller.

Im really curious where the processing grunt would be in such a machine. All done n the base when connected to a TV or does the base just boost the output of the handheld device when docked?
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Re: E3 2015 - June 16-18: PC Gaming Show at 0100

Postby Raid » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:27 pm

So given the amount of long awaited things announced at this year's E3 so far, what's the betting that we'll be getting a Half Life 3 announcement in a couple of hours?

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:51 am

There are so many sequels and remakes we might see a new Duke Nukem 3D ¬_¬
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:58 am

0%

Stuff that came out of the PC show last night.

-GoW remake coming to PC
-Killer Instinct coming to PC
-No Man Sky coming to PC day and date with the PS4 release
-Frontier announced a spiritual successor to Rollercoaster Tycon. it's called Plate Coaster Tycoon: Simulation Evolved
-Pillars of Eternity expansion announced, titled White March.

Also it came to light late last night that Sony are looking to finance development of Shenmue 3. Apparently the Kickstarter is just a way of gauging interest and to that I say. FUCK OFF SONY! If you want to fund Shenmue 3 fund it. What they did with Bloodstained was bad enough, but at least they were upfront with how they were also receiving outside funds. There was no mention of Sony's involvement when the Kickstarter went live.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:59 am

Liking this new MS loves PC train giving me no reason to buy an X1! :mrgreen: =D>
Have the said steam or are the only through the XBox app? :/

About the funding of Shemue..... I certainly wouldnt want to fund it. Its a fucking stupid idea. Yakuza games are essentially Shenmue but with actual stuff worth doing. Gauging interest is a wise thing to do but also stupid because beyond the drooling mongos that have been after S3 and will fund it theres really going to be no mass appeal and its not going to be a cheap game to make. Let it die, give Insomniac the money and let them keep their ips.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:08 am

I did stay up for the PC show last night, and regretted it. It was a waste of time, given that people were expecting something more along the lines of the other conferences; announcements, surprises, that sort of thing. It started an hour later than billed, and after an hour of tedious graphics card talk and the biggest reveal being the re-release of a nine year old game, I went to bed.

DjchunKfunK

Re: E3 2015 - June 16-18

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:04 am

Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Re: E3 2015 - June 16-18

Postby Raid » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:46 am

I have to agree with a lot of what's said in that article. I don't think reviving the series now is a good idea. For one thing it just won't have the customer base necessary to make it a commercial success, it never did, that was the problem.

I owned the original on the Dreamcast, and quite honestly I found it dull (played maybe two years after release). The world building was impressive, yes, but that didn't make it a good game on its own. Half Life built the world of a secretive government science lab, Shenmue built the shops from across the road from my house. It was like an RPG where the only tasks were fetch quests. It was also the game that invented the QTE as far as I'm aware.

Give the franchise rights to Telltale, it'd suit their style.

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group