Gamersgate & Sexy Ethics in Video Games

Steamz and moar.
Lee

Re: Gaming has had it's first sex scandal!

Postby Lee » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:58 am

http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2015/0 ... upt-media/

One developer has finally seen the light and recognized what the rest of the gaming community have been fighting against for more than seven months under the hashtag called GamerGate. Mark Kern, former World of Warcraft developer, former lead developer on Firefall and founder of Mek Entertainment, stepped up his game on Twitter to call for developers to come forward and stand against the corrupt and biased media that created and perpetuated the animosity in gaming for more than half a year.

“I thought Polygon and Ben had a chance of being professional and fair press. Now we know for sure they are the worst cancer in our industry. The collective response of the press to my petition for peace has been accusations, hit pieces, and blocking. Free press? Fair press?

“How can we stand for a gaming press that abandons game developers who only want peace, and trashes all of gaming?

“Fellow developers, creators and game makers…do you want to live in a world where the gaming press threatens you, blocks you, controls you?”
Formerly MrAnnoyed

cHeal

Postby cHeal » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:52 pm

LOL at gamergate getting it's knickers in a twist about that joke. It's turning into literal victim olympics.

Lee

Postby Lee » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:32 am

It really wasn't the time and place to do that though and I can see why those that support #Notyourshield getting angry about being called sockpuppets again. You even had neutrals like boogie saying what a really stupid thing to do and he's right.

Finally got round to download that SVU episode and just about to stick it on and watch. No popcorn at hand though.

Edit : Thank you Games Media for providing the extremely cringe worthy episode ](*,)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

cHeal

Postby cHeal » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:43 am

Lee wrote:It really wasn't the time and place to do that though and I can see why those that support #Notyourshield getting angry about being called sockpuppets again. You even had neutrals like boogie saying what a really stupid thing to do and he's right.

Finally got round to download that SVU episode and just about to stick it on and watch. No popcorn at hand though.

Edit : Thank you Games Media for providing the extremely cringe worthy episode ](*,)

The reaction was literally a perfect demonstration of the sort of culture they are trying to fight though. Call him a c*nt, call him a misogynist and bigot (almost everyone of those people, to a man, are misogynists and bigots) but to get prissy about being "erased" is tumblr-esque. By engaging in the victim olympics, they are legitimizing taking offence at everything and anything. They have already won this whole shit storm, they don't need to win hearts an minds, they need to make the win count. Not just reforms of journalism and sh*t but a campaign to expose the truth of identity politics and how it is a virus on all of society, not just games but that everything it touches, turns to shit.

Do you know what I say to #NotYourShield? Fuck them. I don't care one way or another whether GamerGate is all white or all black migrant transgender midget. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference about the rights or wrongs of the movement. It's feels over reals. Anybody who judges GamerGate on the ethnicity/gender of those who make up the movement is a sh*tty person.

eVoL

Re: Gamersgate & Sexy Ethics in Video Games

Postby eVoL » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:08 pm

Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:58 pm

I'm unclear as to whether this is supposed to be ironic or not.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:34 pm

Indiegogo has a flexible funding option, meaning you can still get money if you don't reach your target. If that is a joke then the joker has been given £1,300 for it.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Previous

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group