Random Lesser Game News Talk & Stuff

Steamz and moar.
Mantis
Admin

Re: Random Lesser Game News Talk & Stuff

Postby Mantis » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:53 pm

People need to let go of the fact that it's a part of the Legacy of Kain franchise. It should have been judged on its own merits rather than for failing to be another installment in the single player story. It was a perfectly solid multiplayer action game with some fun classes, it could have been successful if they've given it a bit more of a push and tried to convince people.

I won't even mention what SE are planning with the FF7 remake. Every little bit of news that comes out about that game leaves me feeling a little bit more dead inside.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:43 am

Former Rockstar North boss is suing Take Two for $150m.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... or-usd150m

I love this quote taken from the response by Take Two, because obviously the Housers have never taken credit for the success of GTA.

A core ethos since Rockstar's inception has been the concept of 'the team'. It is deeply disappointing and simply wrong for Leslie to attempt to take personal credit for what has always been the tremendous efforts of the entire Rockstar team, who remain hard at work delivering the most immersive and engaging entertainment experiences we can for our fans.

Who knows what is true with regards to this case, but there are always a lot of rumours about how bad conditions are at Rockstar North.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:38 am

I'm guessing that profit sharing agreement was written before GTA games started making billions rather than millions of dollars in profit. Hard to know who to believe but being locked out of the office when you come back from holidays is a cuntish thing to do.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:22 pm

8Bit Armies comes out in 2 days
http://store.steampowered.com/app/427250/

I really feel for Petroglyph. Independent studio, a lot has went wrong in the past with some silly choices and risks so moneys tighter. Past failings seem to have soured them in a way that they are reluctant to go balls deep. This for example, only comes out with one army (very GDI like) and they have said they will be adding new sides in the future based on other famous RTS sides........ if there is demand. It is only £12 but it feels very toes in the water ready to pull out at the first sign of inflatable sharks. The kicker is when they do go all in you get fucking great games like Grey Goo! They supported it well too! Maybe they are hammering out a sequel to Goo and this is just a fun side project for them, who knows!

I'll totally buy this but I cant help but feel bad for them. I feel a somewhat similar thing for Harmonix too.

Frankie K is on the soundtrack too by the by.

Its clearly him but with a weirdly not him hook thing going on.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:46 pm

That actually sounds right up my alley. :-k

I'll most certainly give it a day one punt.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:53 pm

Liking the style they went with, makes a change from all the hyper realistic graphics that most RTS devs tend to aim for.

Petroglyph do have a habit of making poor games with excellent soundtracks though. Nothing has really gone well for them since they decided to change End of Nations from a promising RTS to a MOBA style arena game.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:49 pm

If it's not "all that", at least I'll get a copy of the soundtrack out of it. :)

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Reviews on Steam so far are positive so fingers crossed they'll keep supporting it with extra content.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue May 10, 2016 11:23 am

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... -this-week

FF-X/FF-X2 HD are coming to PC!

I feel like they both get a lot more flak than they deserve. X in particular was a fantastic game once you got past the fact it had very early days full voice over.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Tue May 10, 2016 11:56 am

I really enjoyed X, and more "standing in lines" JRPG is good times.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:19 am

8Bit Horde out in 2 weeks. Stand alone expansion to Armies with 2 sides, orcs vs paladins and shit.

Looks fun.

Most importantly, for all of those of you that have supported us and already own the current game, we are working with Steam to make the game available at a substantial discount reserved exclusively for our current players.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:24 am

Sega have announced a new Sonic game and have promised yet again that they are going back to the roots of the series to make Sonic good again. It's called Sonic Mania and seems to be a mix of new and reimagined levels from previous games.

I do feel that the only way you make another good Sonic game is if it is 2D so at least they have got that right and the music feels evocative of Sonic, but they have tried this all before and still managed to make a bad game.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:28 am

The problem with the more recent 2D attempts was that they had really dodgy physics which always got in the way and totally ruined any feeling of being able to flow through the levels at speed.

This looks like a straight up 90s style 2D game, so perhaps it could be good if the level design and music is also up to standard.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:47 pm

eVoL wrote:8Bit Horde out in 2 weeks. Stand alone expansion to Armies with 2 sides, orcs vs paladins and shit.

Looks fun.

Most importantly, for all of those of you that have supported us and already own the current game, we are working with Steam to make the game available at a substantial discount reserved exclusively for our current players.

And it's out! 67% discount for owners of Armies too making it dirt cheap. :)

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:53 pm

Sure, why not. Bought.
I assume it plays more like a fantasy skin over C&C than Warcraft? Ah, I'm sure it'll be amusing either way.

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group