Starbound

Steamz and moar.
Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Re: Starbound

Postby Snowy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Be prepared to be one-shotted by mobs in X sector until you have some Rubium armour - makes it kinds tense though, you have the weapons to get em, but not the armour to take any hits :)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:10 pm

I'm getting 2 shoted in Delta already with my pioneer armour. I did find a USMC prison full of women, although none wanted to sexy time my bloke. He must be really ugly.

Paul

Postby Paul » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:36 am

So, I purchased the early access on Steam last night.

My word. What a terribly fantastic game.

Me likey. Very much.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:54 pm

It is lovely innit? Utterly charming.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Got the highest teir armour now, although still not got a gun. Not sure what to however, might give up for a few months and start afresh with new content.

Paul

Postby Paul » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:24 am

So, I got my metalworking anvil type thing, then made the chip which allows me to travel to the beta sector.

I have no idea what to do with said chip, though. It just seems to sit in my inventory, mocking me.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:31 am

Equip it to a slot then use it and it opens the sector up :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:07 am

Me wrote:Got the highest teir armour now, although still not got a gun. Not sure what to however, might give up for a few months and start afresh with new content.

Visit an avian airship and the merchant at the top left will sell you guns. Or hunt them out on planets. This will be of use.

Paul

Postby Paul » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:02 pm

Lee wrote:Equip it to a slot then use it and it opens the sector up :)

Oh.

That simple, eh?

:lol: :oops:

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:17 pm

I learned it from complete accident as after making it, it went into my empty slot that was selected and left clicked instead of pressing E to use the campfire myself :lol:
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:55 pm

Snowy wrote:
Me wrote:Got the highest teir armour now, although still not got a gun. Not sure what to however, might give up for a few months and start afresh with new content.

Visit an avian airship and the merchant at the top left will sell you guns. Or hunt them out on planets. This will be of use.

Ta man, will check it out. The last update added the abillity to 'warp home' from the teleporter, so we can now build a home and get back it with ease. Which is good since the last update deleted all the building benches off my ship -_-

Paul

Postby Paul » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:42 pm

I visited my first Beta planet yesterday.

Imagine my surprise when, mere paces from spawn, I found a huge complex dedicated to some 'big ape' or other. Naturally, I nicked all of their fixtures / fittings and, fearing a future 'Planet of the Apes' scenario (I play a human), killed a few guards and also helpless civilians. Alas, they didn't drop their swanky laser-weapons for me.

Cool game.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:02 pm

So this is not anywhere near Teraria mainly becuase of the lack of any feeling of home because of planet hopping and no real reason to stay that long on each planet because they dont feel that constructed in the way Ter did (even though it was random). It feels very.... detached where in Terraria I loved my planet and the thought of starting a new world horrified me in this its all just junk. Its good... great even but its no where near Terraria.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:08 pm

Must admit I felt the same when I first realised I was off galaxy hopping and would be leaving my house behind.

Still sunk a whole load of time into it, but know what you mean. A bigger ship to be your flying house would be an answer, especially if you could fly it to ground level like the Avian airships.

Lee

Postby Lee » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:12 pm

I've just stuck all the crafting tools on the ship and some chests for extra storage. But on the updates the stuff on the ship goes but your inventory doesn't. So I endup just caring the work bench etc on me for now.
Go onto a snow planet and use the smelter for a quick heat up then shove it back in your backpack :P
Formerly MrAnnoyed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group