Games I'm Playing 2: Playing Harder

Steamz and moar.
DjchunKfunK

Re: Games I'm Playing 2: Playing Harder

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:28 am

No, I think I made it to the sixth party, which I believe is a notoriously difficult one, but I always intended to go back, just never got round to it.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:27 pm

Thats where I'm stuck :lol:

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:47 pm

I think it has a reputation for being a hard one.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:22 am

Finished up Nioh yesterday.

I liked that. Really liked that!
Kind of ruined Bloodborne for me, though. I wish the combat was as much fun... And that it ran at 60FPS.

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:19 am

Oxygen Not Included. http://store.steampowered.com/app/457140/

I got a thing for managing little people in games and I really loved Don't Starve so I bought this. Pretty good so far and trial and error type, which I like :)

Formerly MrAnnoyed

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:12 am

It's sort of like RimWorld meets Craft the World?
I'm down for that!

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:38 pm

Yep very much so :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:17 am

Aragami

Aragami is a beautiful looking stealth-em-up game with a twist that was released on Steam in 2016 I believe. Many years ago I was once a huge fan of Tenchu series of games and have longed for something similar to finally make its way to the PC platform. This is quite possibly the closest I may ever get to that dream. At times it feels like a mix between Tenchu and Dishonoured with the art style from Ubisoft's long forgotten Prince of Persia 2008 outing.

The game concentrates on using the power of shadows to get you from point A to point B whereas without shadow you are extremely vulnerable while in shadow you are deadly and you must build up the amount of shadow you have to progress through the game. Master the shadows and you master the stealth.

Anyway for a measly £7.49 and currently 50% off on Steam it is more than worth a try. For some reason the game only records while in Shadowplay's desktop mode hence why you see my desktop at the start. Ironic. It's still really hard to not think of the game without the word Origami popping into your head. I know you were thinking it too, oh yes you were! :p
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:23 am

It also has a great coop mode from what I've gathered.

Also, no video dude.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:27 am

Crap yeah. I'm uploading one as I type. -_-
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:43 pm

Saw God of War 3: Remastered for a measly £7.50 on the PS+ sale. I haven't played one of these since the PS2 original, but figured I couldn't go wrong with something so highly regarded.

I have never, in my entire life, been as frustrated by the tutorial section of a game. As far as I can tell there's absolutely nothing wrong with it technically, it's truly epic in the non-overused cliche sense. Screen filling monsters, roaring soundtrack, and your character is on his way to the top of Mt. Olympus to kill Zeus. And then you realise that it's all background for probably the most unfair game I've ever played. I have no issue with difficult games, in fact they're the type I seek out these days, but GoW3 seems to revel in forcing you to look at the Game Over screen. Attacks are telegraphed, but without giving you time to prematurely end the combo you're trying to unleash, so you get hit. The telegraphs aren't obvious in a lot of cases; in the final section of the boss fight that makes up the first level, you're fighting atop a Titan, which will sway to one side when she's about to be hit by a screen-filling attack. Fine, but that's all happening in the background, while in the foreground is the bit of the boss you need to be attacking. It's blatantly obvious if you're watching someone else do it, but as the player I'm also concentrating on the ground to see a different telegraph of a lightning attack that happens so quickly afterwards that you barely have time to dodge it even if you're not attacking. And sometimes there's so much going on, and the boss is so big, that it can be difficult to judge the telegraphs from the regular animations.

So basically the only way to finish a boss is to die multiple times while you learn the animations. Is that fun? It's just not good game design in my eyes. And the less said about the stupid QTEs that have you focusing on button prompts more than what's actually happening. Let me watch the god damned (lol) animations you've created rather than forcing me to await button presses. I mean sure, the developers were right to put them in, just in case I get bored while RIDING TO THE TOP OF MOUNT OLYMPUS ON A 500 FOOT TITAN TO KILL ZEUS.

And to top it all off, when you've punched Poseidon out of his gigantic watery monster suit thing, reducing him to something Kratos' size that he can kill, it switches the camera view to Poseidon's PoV so you can watch your own character headbutt the shit out of you and eventually plug your eye sockets with his thumbs. Thanks, game.

I was immediately afterwards looking to see if the PS4 store had a Steam-esque refund system. For a game I paid less than ten quid for.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:51 pm

So, does PS Store have a refund policy? Would be good to know for the future but I always assumed that there wasn't one.

I bounced off God of War 3 when I tried it on PS3 a few years ago too. Not really sure what it was that I couldn't enjoy about it, I think perhaps it was the abundance of QTE cinematics.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:53 pm

You can get a refund in some situations, but I think it has to be for technical problems. Also you only get store credit.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:20 pm

I couldn't find anything. I think you can have a refund if you've not even started the download, but after that you seem to be screwed.

I stopped caring once my aggravation had died down.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:39 pm

eVoL wrote:Horizon

This is a great game that I wish didnt have the Farcry 3 bullshit. I'm looking forward to the next mission and I want to keep playing it but I really dont want to have to traverse the stupid map. The game I want is based on Farcry, not Farcry 3. Linear yet massively open. Fighting the robots is a whole lot of fun, the story seems interesting and it looks lovely but I just feel like I'm wasting so much time traversing the world. If you do like the open world stuff I'm pretty confident that this is the game for you, if you dont it might still be worth a play but at a lower price down the line.

Well I'm still playing it which says a lot for how fun the combat can be. Still get annoyed when I have to travel for more than 60 seconds to get to a mission right enough but the rest of it is tipping the scales. Definitely the best Ubisoft open world game.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group