Rusty

Re: Games I'm Playing 2: Playing Harder

Postby Rusty » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:49 pm

Sounds like They are Billions. Might have a look at this Creeper world thing

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:34 am

Picked up Assassin's Creed: Rogue in the Steam sale for a few quid, and have been messing about with it over the last week or so.

It's pretty good. I kind of burned out midway through Black Flag and haven't played an AC game since, so enough time has passed to enjoy this one. It's pretty good so far, and seems to be a fair bit shorter than other iterations (in 9 hours of play I'm apparently over 20% completed), which will probably help ensure it doesn't outstay it's welcome either.

Worth what I paid so far, in any case.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:01 pm

Pyre

So, I have a mixed relationship with Supergiant's catalogue of games. I thought Bastion was great, but didn't really like Transistor and Pyre sort of sits in the middle. It's basically a visual novel in which you play some space basketball. The world they create is rich and detailed with art and music that is in places very good indeed and really compliments the world. You don't really interact with the world directly that much and only get to see one part of it, the Downside, but they do a good job of giving you enough information about the Commonwealth to allow your imagination to fill in the rest. It has a great cast of characters, some of the best I've seen in a game for a while, who are well written with unique personalities and who each have their own story to tell which is ultimately resolved is some way over the course of the game.

The only issue I had is that the space basketball isn't that fun to play. It's OK and at the start even enjoyable, but as the game progresses and I played more, I became tired of it and ended up turning the difficulty down so I could get through it quicker. I might be alone here though as most other people I know who have played the game quite enjoyed the sport.

Even though the space basketball was a bit of a letdown I still think it was well worth playing through for the story and experiencing the world. Despite sometimes missing on the gameplay elements, Supergiant are capable of creating some magnificent worlds.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

katarn

Postby katarn » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:21 pm

Dungeons of Dredmor

Bought this yonks ago but only played it for half an hour. Having a proper bash at it now.

It's quite a fun dungeon crawler, I'm trying out a dual-wielding barbarian build to start with. Currently at level 4.

Shame they couldn't change the graphics to show what kit you're wearing, but I know it was made on a budget.

Previous

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group