Games I'm Playing 2: Playing Harder

Steamz and moar.
STuG

Re: Games I'm Playing 2: Playing Harder

Postby STuG » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:46 am

Just picked up and started playing 'Prey' for £15. Worth it for the leaving the apartment scene alone.

Very much enjoyed that moment indeed.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:12 am

There are many more. Enjoy. Also max out strength as soon as you can. Throwing heavy things at the critters is Very useful when you have no ammo plus it opens up a lot of places for exploration.

STuG

Postby STuG » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Duly noted Mr.Jez. :D

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:12 pm

Oh yeah in general don't be stingy with upgrading using neuromods. You'll get lots of them through the game and there's a skill to generate the crafting parts recycling the alien material that's handy to have. Can't remember what it is now but it's part of the science set.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Sorry to turn this into a BF1 discussion. Just played an Operation...holy fuck that was intense! Both sides moving over and back across a trench system with points changing hands several times. Bodies flying through the air, explosions and screaming. Stuff you normally see in scripted bits is actually going on around you.

Yeah, it's growing on me I think :o

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:43 pm

The Operations are locked behind the season pass content, right?

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:50 pm

Don't think so mate. Should be open for base game maps as much as prem. You should see it in the multiplayer section on the left ... Cant miss it.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:52 pm

Its currently 27 nicker for the base and prem content. Its well worth that price, the dlc maps are really good theres a couple of ordinary ones but majority are really great.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:11 am

Okay so that was suitably epic. I had no idea this content was available to me, there's also a premium trial active so all the DLC ops are currently unlocked. Just played through the Iron Wall (I think) as Italy on attack. These assault style modes are what truly makes these games work, it was the best thing on Battlefront 2, it's the best thing on CoD WW2 and it's easily the best thing on BF1. The moving objectives make teams so much more focused and it's just generally a lot more fun than Conquest. It also shows off just how drop dead gorgeous this game is, seriously immersive atmosphere.

Colour me impressed.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:57 am

Nice one mantis and animal :) potentially got a decent squad here!

DICE are rolling out these operations and frontlines modes to more maps and improving them as they go. Personally I have been impressed with them on this game. Updates monthly and the content has been excellent throughout.

There's at least another year until the next BF rolls through so there's still plenty of gaming left even if the servers don't die off post BF2018.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:39 pm

There's a new version of Brutal Doom out and its awesome as always. New weapons, sound effects and melee attacks included. New favorite is the AA12 shotgun that tears enemies to giblets :P

http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/downloads/brutal-doom-v21-nov01test

You'll just need the Doom or Doom 2 wad file to play, but that can be got no problems these days.

The full version is out sometime this month and appears to have vehicles...

Previous

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group