Games I'm Playing 2: Playing Harder

Steamz and moar.
Sly Boots
MILF

Re: Games I'm Playing 2: Playing Harder

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:44 pm

Battle Brothers.

Play it. Love it. Occasionally hate it and curse its name :lol:

Seriously, it's good. Nice example of EA being used to hone something until the end result is excellent.

Play it on easy, though, unless you hate life.
My face is tired.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:39 pm

Late to the party, but currently enjoying Inside. What a wonderful game. Bleak, oddly dystopian, and riffing on some of my best gaming memories - Prince of Persia (the original C64 version) for the frankly glorious animation as well as the grisliness of your frequent endings; Another world and to a lesser extent Flashback.

Loving it.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Horizon
Heres two things I never expected to say.
1)That Gorilla game had a great, well thought out and well contained story. The best since The Last Of Us.
2)I just platinumed a Far Cry 3 clone.

Real good game.

Now thats finished, Persona time....
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:54 pm

I just got a platinum trophy on battlefield 4. Mainly because I wanted to delete it from the Ps4 HD. Great multiplayer but the single player is shocking.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:30 pm

The single player in BF1 is well worth it I felt.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu May 04, 2017 4:12 pm

Anyone else gotten in on PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND?

A hundred people get dropped on to a vaguely Eastern European island. One person leaves!

Best way I can describe it is that the game feels like a huge online tactical shooter meets Battle Royal. Just, you know, less school children murdering each other. :lol:
And it's fun! Rough around the edges and runs like a dog at the moment, sure. But from the arse clenching tension of the opening moments to the cautious exploration to that inevitable moment when things finally kick off, it's quite the experience.

Not sure I'd tell everyone to run and buy an early access game, but it's certainly one to keep an eye on.
End of an Era

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Thu May 04, 2017 6:12 pm

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Fri May 05, 2017 4:13 am

Rusty wrote:http://forum.preys-world.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31502
In my (poor) defence. It was pretty far down the page, which is somewhat rare for a relatively new game on here. :o
End of an Era

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Fri May 05, 2017 6:16 am

No defence needed. More that I like the game enough to warrant more posts on it and to keep it from getting lost in the noise.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri May 05, 2017 5:11 pm

I recall posting something about it in the thread about it being a bit of a fad and not really appealing to me. After watching clips on Twitch though I think it looks quite neat, the tension of looting around whilst trying not to get shot looks quite thrilling. It would probably be incredibly fun with a friend or two as well.

£26 for an early access multiplayer game is just too steep for me on principle though.

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Sun May 07, 2017 12:36 am

Darksiders 2 underway.
Done the cauldron, onto the Tears if the Mountain.
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sun May 07, 2017 3:07 pm

Ironically then Darksiders: Warmastered Edition

To think I've been playing this game completely free of charge due to owning the original very much makes me wish I could pay for something to help out THQN and Gunfire Games. I will no doubt pre-order Darksiders III to show my undying support for the IP and I'm sure they don't wish to make me feel guilty for playing such a wonderful remake as this has turned out to be. After spending a good portion of last year playing through Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition I'd almost forgotten just how great the original game was.

What is getting me the most about replaying the original albeit in reworked form is just how well made it is and the sheer amount of impact that Joe Madureira's very recognisable artistic style has on every single aspect of the gaming world you are in. Being a comic artist myself I can only assume that having such wonderfully designed characters and environments that he toiled away at for hours on paper slowly coming to life on screen in 3D must have been truly something. Being the games creative director I doubt we've had many games such as this that just oozed the artistic style of their original creator and when he decided to up and leave Vigil Games it could only have been down to the fact that his dream project just didn't find the niche he was hoping it would sales wise or rather it didn't for publisher THQ and he later chose to leave due to it.

So now that we have a brand new and very different outing arriving next year I just know going off of the released screenshots we have seen that Joe's original vision and inspiration is very much alive and well. I can only hope that the game itself is every bit as good as the first outing and of course the second too which still tends to divide popular opinion to this day on if it went beyond the realms of what it should have with its much more RPG centric approach.

All I can say is long live Darksiders aka The Grown Up Zelda alternative with lashings of blood, dismemberment, boobs and everything else that comes along with it.

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Mon May 08, 2017 5:03 pm

Not sure what issue folk have with the DS2 loot.
If it's better, put it on. Junk everything else into a possessed weapon, happy days....
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon May 08, 2017 10:52 pm

I tried Darksiders a few weeks ago and was enjoying it until I got to Tiamat. All fun ended there and I eventually just uninstalled out of frustration. From the searches I did online thats where many people give up on the game.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Tue May 09, 2017 9:57 pm

Isn't Tiamat the first boss? 0.o
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group