Steam News & Updates Thread

Steamz and moar.
Lee

Re: Steam News & Updates Thread

Postby Lee » Wed May 04, 2016 3:14 pm

Has there been many games that have been fixed after a crappy launch though?
Formerly MrAnnoyed

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed May 04, 2016 3:40 pm

Yeah there have been a few, also you have the early access stuff that gets better over time.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed May 04, 2016 4:30 pm

Yea seems better suited for Early Access titles more so than anything else I reckon.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Fri May 06, 2016 3:23 pm

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... oesnt-care

Opinion piece on how the lack of moderation of the Steam community is destroying the very thing that once made it good - discovery

Personally I hardly ever follow Steam community reviews or discussions. I do my own due diligence and chose the games I want to play. Steam is awash with shovel-ware now and really shame on them, a multi multi million dollar corporation and they could not be arsed / stingy to hire a small team to actually play the games first to see if they are worth adding to their platform. It really is not the case of "free market" rules because a lot really is SHITE made by rip off merchants. It is their store, they own it, then they should fucking look after it
Games playing : Max Payne 3 / Attila Total War

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri May 06, 2016 3:28 pm

There's a lot of crap on there but it's fairly easy to sort through the junk thanks to the community moderation. It's still far better than the iOS store and they do make little quality changes every now and then to help people find better rated titles.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri May 06, 2016 7:16 pm

I'm not really sure how you curate due to the amount of games that come to the store. If you are more strict then I feel some great games end up getting filtered out.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Fri May 06, 2016 7:41 pm

hire more people ?
Games playing : Max Payne 3 / Attila Total War

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri May 06, 2016 9:13 pm

Ctrl+A
Delete

Start from scratch.

Its the only way to be sure.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Vykromod

Postby Vykromod » Fri May 06, 2016 11:48 pm

This is funny because I distinctly remember everyone hating Valve for being restrictive a few years back when Steam was heavily curated.
Lo, let be it, for now when Tuesday then cometh with not again, be it another less more it be. Be faith giveth whence came me unto, yet not needeth for unto me, for yet be learn to be. -Zinglon
Huh? -Monses

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat May 07, 2016 9:02 am

Achtung Englander wrote:hire more people ?

All that does is lead to a situation as Vykomod says of the system being too restrictive. All these people will do is use their preferences to get rid of games they think are no good. That doesn't necessarily lead to better curation.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon May 09, 2016 12:54 am

I really wish they'd stop this mobile verification shit for items under £1. Its such a pain in the ass. Or let you batch change everything into gems. Or batch sell everything for highest buy order. Anything to make clearing your inventory of crap easy.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:10 am

https://www.facebook.com/trekindustries ... 5572743064

So apparently Activision has removed ORION from Steam. This was done via a DMCA takedown request stating:
“on behalf of Activision, who alleges that the game Orion uses weapon art content from Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. The weapon art in question includes the M8A7 rifle, the Haymaker rifle, and the Bal-27 rifle."
I've uploaded comparisons of the weapons in question, from both games. I had to guess on weapons as no specific assets or images were provided to me, nor was I contacted by Steam/Valve or Activision prior to having the game removed from Steam.

(Comparison 1 - Auto Shotgun)
http://i.imgur.com/8Qx1NI2.png
(Comparison 2 - Auto Rifle)
http://i.imgur.com/IjS7dfO.png

This is extremely serious that a DCMA request has removed our entire game from sale, during the biggest sale event of the year. Apparently no cross-checking was done by our Partner, who we've been with for over 5 years and I have seen better and would expect better from them. At minimum, to contact us regarding our assets/defense before taking any action.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:25 am

Congrats to them, this will give them more publicity that that crappy game would have gotten otherwise.

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:11 pm

Also came to light that they have been caught before doing the same to another game Natural Selection 2. When they were called Spiral Game Studios. Stole the armoury model from that title.

Then changed there name not long after wards. Then this game has two previous names in some sort of way to get around the bad reviews but failed.

Strangely enough the game is back up on steam.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Vykromod

Postby Vykromod » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:28 pm

Lee wrote:Strangely enough the game is back up on steam.

Their Facebook page now admits that Activision may have been correct, some assets have been removed, and an artist has been fired. That's probably why.
Lo, let be it, for now when Tuesday then cometh with not again, be it another less more it be. Be faith giveth whence came me unto, yet not needeth for unto me, for yet be learn to be. -Zinglon
Huh? -Monses

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group