Terraria

Steamz and moar.
Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Re: Terraria

Postby Raid » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:39 pm

I'm amazed at how quickly we've progressed. The only items we took with us were the lucky horseshoes. Magic is viable almost from the off now, the new staves are powerful and cheap, and you only need 5 stars to increase your mana instead of 10. I went down that route while Monica went down the melee path. We've killed 5 of the pre hard mode bosses (though I killed the Crimson boss on a different world), farmed the underground hallow for crystals and souls of light to create the amazing crystal storm spell and a phase blade. We both have cobalt armour and wings and Monica's using the second grade of repeater.

katarn

Postby katarn » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:09 am

grr, those new spider caverns are tough. They just keep on coming and do quite a lot of damage, plus can climb the back walls to get to you.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:51 am

You can make armour and weapons out of cactus which helps at the start because the cactus sword is huge.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:07 am

Our Hellevator goes through two spider caves, and they've been the cause of many a frustrating death as we drop through.

We've killed both The Destroyer (farmed him actually) and Plantera (we actually had to cheat with that one; getting it to follow us back to the surface where we wouldn't be stuck in the claustrophobic jungle interrupted by hornets and turtles). We both have full Hallowed armour now too, and I have almost a full stack of light disks. I think the most important items we have for boss killing though are the star cloaks (created from a pendant and cloak, I forget the exact names, both looted from Mimics) that increase your invulnerability time after being hit from two thirds of a second to one and a half, effectively halving your incoming damage in certain situations.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:21 pm

I've only experienced one spider cave so far and it did my shed in. Once I hammered the background away, they stopped spawning.. So yeah. Do that. ¬_¬
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

katarn

Postby katarn » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:42 pm

At first I thought it was the egg sacks you had to destroy but nope, makes no difference.

Vykromod

Postby Vykromod » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:13 pm

I've been getting back into this since the major update. I'm not even sure when I last played, so decided to start afresh. New world, new character.

Things were going well until the Eye of Cthulhu refused to spawn for me. I met all the requirements, then waited a few days. Nothing. I went off and did more stuff, getting myself increasingly over-equipped. Still nothing. I decided to spawn it for myself using the crafting method, which took me into the Crimson (this world doesn't have corruption) for the altar. In the process, having acquired a few bombs, I cracked a demon heart and got a meteor impact out of it, letting me get more overequipped for the eye. The next in-game night, as soon as night fell, I used the Suspicious Looking Eye to call the absent boss.

The bloody thing picked that night to spawn on its own. Just as the fight was changing to the second form, another Eye turned up.
Lo, let be it, for now when Tuesday then cometh with not again, be it another less more it be. Be faith giveth whence came me unto, yet not needeth for unto me, for yet be learn to be. -Zinglon
Huh? -Monses

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:35 pm

I've always summoned the Eye myself. I don't think I've ever had it spawn on its own.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:44 pm

Starting to really get back into this now that I found my old character saves where I was fully geared out in pre-patch top end gear. I've found a few new unique items and outfits but haven't really explored the new hardmode dungeons yet. Been a little too busy building a giant tree house that's completely protected from the spread of the hardmode corruption/hallow. It's not quite finished yet, but behold:

Spoiler: show

And a view from the map.

I find it far more entertaining to build stuff on this game than on Minecraft. Anyone else made anything snazzy?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Game is now out on Vita and it includes items from the 1.2 patch, however it still isn't clear as to whether that means everything or just some of the stuff.

Wolfy

Postby Wolfy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:01 pm

HOLY FUCK. I TOTALLY FORGOT. MY WILLY IS READY.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

JohnyHumf

Postby JohnyHumf » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:32 pm

I'm doing my usual one-game-behind-everyone and started playing this while everyone fucks off to Starbound. I dug a whole, I made a tungsten pickaxe, I'm trying to reach the bottom of the world, I've played for 12 hours and haven't scratched the surface it seems.

Wolfy

Postby Wolfy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:13 am

I always do it the same way. I find a massive mountain, dig right into it and make my house there, dig my Wolfy-type Hellevator (complete with wood platforms, bricks and torches ALL the way down) then proceed to do many horizontal tunnels at various depths until I'm happy enough with my progress to attempt hard mode.

Or I hit a sandbank, take days to make my way through (basically collecting all the sand and re-placing it all painstakingly) get bored and stop playing for a few months.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed May 14, 2014 5:46 pm

Three years on and they are still adding stuff to this game.

Features and Mechanics:
You can now get quests from the Angler NPC for cool rewards. Each time you complete a quest, the rewards progressively get better.
You can now use critters as bait for fishing.
You can now ride around in style on the new Minecart system.
Beaches no longer feel so empty.
Truffle Worms now spawn in hardmode Mushroom biomes. Be wary using this bait near the Ocean.
You can now place weapons and tools on the craftable Weapon Rack. (Thank you Goryō for your suggestion!)
Added Smart Cursor. This can be toggled using control and has an interface option. Smart Cursor makes digging, chopping, placing, and breaking much faster and easier.
You can now craft stone letters and numbers with a Heavy Workbench.
Lihzahrd Powercells drop more commonly from enemies in the temple.
Rain is now red during a Blood Moon.
Updated Gemspark tiles to make the inner border complete.
You can now place coins to create Coin Piles. (Thanks Omnir!)
Added several new underground cave wall graphics.
Moss backgrounds have been updated with new textures.
Replaced grass graphics for when they are surrounded.
Grass is now killed when a player covers it in solid tiles.
You can now find shark statues in worldgen , they spawn sharks when there's enough space.
It is now much more likely that you will spawn on a flat clean surface when creating a new world.
Added some world gen cleanup to remove small segments of floating blocks.
Worms now spawn when breaking rock and dirt piles.
Grasshoppers can now be found when you cut grass.
Rainbow Bricks and Brick Walls now go through the entire spectrum.
Hives are now more common.
The Abeemination no longer requires Obsidian, Crisp Honey, or a Demon Altar to be crafted.

Pixel Piracy Crossover Content:
Falcon Blade.
Pirate Minions.
Placeable Sail “wall” sold by the Pirate NPC.
Placeable Pixel Piracy painting.
Ginger Beard vanity item.

Items:
There are now 22 new potions you can craft from fishing and/or shiverthorn related materials.
There are now 5 new mounts to help you traverse the terrain.
There are several new pets including the Mini Minotaur (Thank you Tobuscus)
You can now craft couches out of silk+material. (Thank you Eikester for the 20 you contributed)
Dressers and Pianos have all been given custom graphics. (Thank you Eikester)
You can now craft Grandfather Clocks out of more materials.
Over 100 new furniture items have been added to complete old furniture types.
Trees in the Ice Biome now drop Boreal Wood.
You can now craft furniture out of Boreal Wood.
Queen Bee,King Slime and Pirate Invasion now have larger loot tables.
There are 6 new summoner weapons.
There are now 2 new summoner armors.
You can now craft Molotov Cocktails out of Silk+Ale+Torch.
The underworld and Dungeons have more furniture from new world creation.
You can now craft Gemspark Walls.
You can now craft Tin Plating tiles and walls.
You can now craft Confetti tiles and walls.
You can now craft Midnight Confetti tiles and walls.
You can now craft Waterfall tiles.
You can now craft Lavafall tiles.
Living Fire Blocks now drop from enemies in hardmode Hell.
Updated Glass Wall item sprite.
Added fireworks box (wirable and placable , you can also use it by right clicking)
Added Firework Fountain.

New Music:
Underground Crimson

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:59 am

Terraria Otherworld announced...

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?th ... rld.11627/

Set in an alternate dimension within the Terraria universe, Terraria: Otherworld places the player in a life-and-death struggle to restore a once-pristine world – now overrun by a malevolent force that has corrupted nature itself – to its original splendor. Along with a rag-tag band of survivors, will you be able to successfully harness the power of an array of weaponry, magic, defenses, and even the world itself to thwart the designs of this unseen evil?

Although it's most definitely NOT Terraria 2...

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?th ... ost-354933

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group