Terraria

Steamz and moar.
Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Re: Terraria

Postby Raid » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:54 pm

Honestly, I'm still more excited about Terraria patch 1.3, despite the fact that we still don't know much about it. The developer has posted a number of 'spoilers' which show interesting things, but there isn't a feature list yet. It's still several months away.

This looks a bit like Starbound to me, and something really bugs me about the Starbound aesthetic. As someone on Reddit put it, it's like those 16-bit era games that claimed to have realistic graphics despite being two dimensional - it just doesn't look right. I'll probably still buy it, largely because I've clocked up 91 hours on Terraria and paid mere pence for it (as part of a humble bundle that I didn't even buy specifically for it - it may as well have been a free extra). It remains one of my favourite games from the last ten years, and Re-Logic deserve more money.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:03 am

I really liked the idea of Starbound, and have certainly had my money's worth, but didn't stick with it. Possibly this is due to playing through the beta releases several times only to then get a character wipe, I don't know.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:44 pm

I prefere Terraria's aesthetic, but I think that is purely down to how vibrant it is, Starbound in comparison feels a bit washed out. I do need to put some more time into Starbound as I never got off the first planet when I last played it. I have been waiting for it to hit release, but a year later it is still in Early Access. I might just give it another bash over the weekend.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:55 pm

Its Starbounds lack of a home and the enemies being pretty damn shit. They just pogo float about and dont have the presence the Terraria enemies do.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:06 pm

I read in one of their blog posts that they plan to try and do something about the lack of a home base, one of the ways they hope to address it is by allowing you to customise your ship.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:15 pm

You already can but its not the same when you're resetting the world every little while.

I'm quite interested in the expansion pack thing, new bosses etc.. would be worth it alone. Terarria always had some great bosses.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:49 am

Terraria Otherworld has me interested. I went back to Terraria recently to see the the huge changes, well once I get there after getting the loots :P

Think you hit it on the head with the differences eVoL the starship meant that there was little to no point in making a nice base on a planet as you'd just jump off to somewhere else and last time I played it I don't even think the game would show on the star maps such colonised planets. So starting over making the necessary equipment to create stuff was a chore. Unless you tried to jam everything into the ship itself. The bosses in Terraria were also a lot more fun to beat.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:51 pm

More Otherworld details and a trailer from GDC...

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?th ... r.13943%2F

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:07 pm

New patch out tomorrow. It is probably going to be the last big update for Terraria as they look to focus on Terraria:Otherworld and it's a big one. You can find full patch notes here. The amount of stuff they have added makes it look like a completely new game. You can get a taste of some of it by watching the trailer below.

I think it might be time to dive back in.

Lee

Postby Lee » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:43 pm

Jesus that is some patch. Yea I will be trying this tomorrow myself as well :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:05 pm

I'm more excited about the Terraria patch than I am most of the triple-A stuff from E3. It's a superb little game, and the stuff they're adding including hundreds of new items, mounts, pets and enemies (as well as full Steam multiplayer support and cloud saves) is going to make it well worth a revisit. My partner ans I will be starting a new game tomorrow.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:19 pm

My new home.

A closer look at my own personal house.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:33 pm

I just can't go back to this game anymore. After the last huge patch it really did reach a point where it felt like there was simply too much junk in the game. The first big update that put in all the late game armour and hard mode difficulty with all the super bosses was the sweet spot I think, it was the perfect amount of content. Now when I find tons of new stuff I just find myself confused with what the hell half of it is meant to do.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:38 pm

This is our little village so far:

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:36 pm

I made a commie block for my NPCs and a shed to keep all my loot in.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group