The Humble Bundle, Weekly & Store Deals

Steamz and moar.
Smi

Location: Not here...no, definately not. Stop looking dagnabbit!

The Humble Bundle, Weekly & Store Deals

Postby Smi » Sat May 08, 2010 6:58 pm

So, Radiohead released an album and you could pay what you want for it. They never really said how succesful it was - although judging by what I'm about to tell you about (You probably know about it anyway...) it can't be that bad because The Humble Indie Bundle has raised $500,000+ in the last half week, with an average donation of $8.30.

What is it?

For whatever you want to pay, you get:
+ World of Goo
+ Aquaria
+ Gish
+ Lugaru HD
+ Penumbra Overture

Your payment is split evenly between the five developers and two charities - the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Child's Play. (Or indeed whoever you want - you can opt to give it all to charity, or split it how you want)

If nothing else, it's a fantastic opportunity to pick up some great indie games at a small price. As Rock Paper Shotgun said though, don't be a nasty person and give them what they deserve!

Linky Linky-Link-Link.
Don't Panic...
Smi
Deviantart

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:33 pm

All purchasers of the bundle are now able to add their games to Steam. Check your emails for a serial number.

Also Bundle number 2 coming soon...

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Humble Indie Bundle #2 now available...

http://www.humblebundle.com/

The games are Braid, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans and Cortex Command.

Pay what you want just as before.

Karnage

Postby Karnage » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:03 am

Also if anyone who hasn't yet seen any of these games wants to see some of them in action, you can see a nice little video (well, maybe not little) on Youtube here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG6p_uywlCU

Took a look at it myself and Revenge of the Titans looks interesting enough on it's own to warrant the purchase :D

Srcr. Maligree

Postby Srcr. Maligree » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:31 am

ROTT has a demo on their site - It's quite enjoyable (though suddenly hit a wall of difficulty).
Steam & Origin: Maligree ~~~ PSN: SrcrMaligree

Srcr. Maligree

Postby Srcr. Maligree » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:45 am

Troll alert!

Why can't I pay with less than a cent?
-_-

It's certainly tempting... people wouldn't shut up about Braid for ages, while the demos for Machinarium and Revenge Of The Titans were enjoyable.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:19 pm

You can now get a serial number to add the bundle on Steam if you so choose.

Check your emails for instructions if you've already bought the bundle.
Last edited by Medicine Man on Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:29 pm

Someone paid over $3,000!

I wonder if he actually owns that paypal account...
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

The Bag

Postby The Bag » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:27 am

Srcr. Maligree wrote:Troll alert!

From what they said last time I think anything under $1 was costing them money because of transaction fees and the like.

I own three of the games already (Braid & Osmos on non-PC platforms) so I've picked it up.

The $2000 donation is from Notch the minecraft guy, no one seems to know, yet, who the top donor is.

Srcr. Maligree

Postby Srcr. Maligree » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:38 am

The Bag wrote:
Srcr. Maligree wrote:Troll alert!

From what they said last time I think anything under $1 was costing them money because of transaction fees and the like.

Erm yeah, he's not saying under one Dollar, he's saying under one Cent. Essentially he wants to pay nothing, or find the absolute minimum that the system will allow (which is probably 1¢).

The Bag

Postby The Bag » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:31 am

I know, he's just being a dick/troll. I had meant to write "I think they should set the minimum to $1 because...", I thought I had but evidently not.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:56 pm

Pay more than the average price and you'll get the first bundle thrown in as well...

http://www.humblebundle.com/bundle-in-bundle

Srcr. Maligree

Postby Srcr. Maligree » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Been spending this afternoon tracking down demos for most games in both packs, then taking a crack at them.

Decided it's not worth paying more for pack 1 - Played all of them, and only Penumbra Overture peaked my interest. Maybe World of Goo and Gish, but got bored with them pretty quickly.

Pack 2 demos:
Osmos is lovely; simple to pick up, difficult to master stuff. Chilled out.
Cortex Command doesn't feel finished. Every time i'd press escape to go to the menu, I either got kicked out of the game entirely, or couldn't find the way back in to the game session. Also, the writing is really small and the tutorial blended in too well to notice. I still don't know what the pick up item key is, he just sort of... did it.
Braid looks very nice, doesn't play bad. It annoys me that white Tim can't jump, even using the beasties; i'm missing something here!
Revenge Of The Titans looks fun, is fun, but the demo runs a vertical wall of difficulty around level 9.
Machinarium looks lovely, but is very reticent - takes a while to figure out what to do. Not sure if getting stuck in room 2 is a good sign.

Overall, this deal's looking pretty good - will pick a (low ¬_¬) value and make a final decision before Friday!

JohnyHumf

Postby JohnyHumf » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:28 pm

Osmos is only chilled out in th beginning, the later levels had me pulling my hair out and plotting murder.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:09 pm

Cortex Command isn't finished, it's no where near finished. It'll still be in alpha stage in about 3 years ¬_¬ Still good though, loads of cool random things can happen during a skirmish, best to treat it as a sand box game and fuck about.

Next

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group