Favourite Game

Steamz and moar.
Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm

Sorry Dagoth Ur! Heh.

Chickenboy

Postby Chickenboy » Wed May 28, 2008 6:18 pm

Did anyone ever get a basic MP mod for Morrowind off the ground? That would be an awesome game to just mince about in together.

Bird

Postby Bird » Wed May 28, 2008 8:50 pm

I was gonna reinstall that today. Bah.

HSWDragon

Postby HSWDragon » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:35 am

TES:Oblivion always will be my favourite game of all time.

But if we go back a bit then it has to be the first Rayman.
So Please don't tell me you're having a lousy day.

Doomguy

Postby Doomguy » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:18 am

Either Daggerfall or Doom are my favourite games. Have been since they came out.

Vae Victis!

Mint

Postby Mint » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:22 am

Diablo 2 has to have a mention. At the time it was awesome - so awesome that I was still playing it during the first year of uni.

If Blizz ever made a sequel I think I would sell my soul just to play it.

Oh and the original NWN - The Aribeth story had me hooked.

Dear devil,
I do not want this to be legally binding. I do not mean what I said. I would only sell my soul on one condition.... Immortality.

Yours unfaithfully,
Mr Mint

HSWDragon

Postby HSWDragon » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:39 pm

:lol: :lol: At small print.

King Dumpalot

Postby King Dumpalot » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:23 pm

Outcast's my favourite. Brilliant story, excellent music, and (for the time) fantastic graphics, great set-pieces and environments. The action was a bit slow paced, but action really wasn't the point of this game.

Others include:
LBA1, Anachronox, I-war, Freespace 2, Xwing/tiefighter (unplayable now because I just get so frustrated I can't see anything in the distance because of the resolution)

HSWDragon

Postby HSWDragon » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:39 pm

All games i've never heard of. ¬_¬

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:54 pm

I'm currently playing Syndicate wars and it's fantastic. :)

Marty Fuffkin

Postby Marty Fuffkin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:07 pm

Chaos on the Spectrum.

I would be playing it still had the tape deck not broke :cry:

HSWDragon

Postby HSWDragon » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:20 pm

Oooo actually Chaser as well I love that game.

Papa Lazarou

Postby Papa Lazarou » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:38 pm

Chaser rocked. Poor production, multiple glitches, crap AI and unoriginal enemies.... and yet it had a great atmosphere. And glass-smashing effects way ahead of its time. In fact, I've still not seen better glass in a game. :?

HSWDragon

Postby HSWDragon » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:01 pm

It's awesome I love playing online some of the maps are just amazing.

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:56 pm

My favourite came would have to be Deus Ex. I think it quite possibly always will be as well. Of course, since I first played it I've played games far superior and more exciting, but your first true love never leaves you.

Hopefully I'm not being too bold in saying it's the same for a lot of us. A few have said "I wish I could go back and play that again for the first time." I don't think it was about the first time though, I think it was the age when you played it.

Most on the forum are around a similair age and these best games would have came out when we were still young lads...and when I was a young lad every game was awesome, so when you played a truly awesome game it was MEGA awesome.

Once you're older and have played a load of games though you can tell what sucks and what rocks. Meaning the awesome games are just awesome.

When I first played Deus Ex I was blown away. Truly blown away. One moment sticks in my mind in particular. When you first go to UNATCO HQ and you can explore it, you can go into the ladies bathroom. There's a woman in there who screams at you to get out. Later on when you're getting briefed on your next mission your boss tells you to stay out of the ladies bathroom.

I don't know why but that always sticks in my head. I was shocked that a game could actually know that I'd gone in there. It was a lovely touch in a game filled with lovely touches.

It was also one of the first FPS games I played where there were sections without shooting. Usually it was just moving between rooms shooting things (something even HL did) but Deus Ex had levels where all you did was walk around and observe, something which most FPS's do nowadays, but Deus Ex did so well.

It wasn't even a game after a while to me, it was just like a real experience. Games never give me that same breath of fresh air anymore, probably because I've lost my childish sense of wonder.

Deus Ex introduced me to so many new things, so many new ideas, now in a game they aren't new. It was the first time I'd seen so many things so it will stick in my mind always.

I think I've only been truly wowed by a game a handful of times since and it's never been the same. I remember playing HL2 for the first time and there's this moment where you're driving your hovercraft along a canal / river and a giant giant chimney explodes and falls in your path. That literally made me go "holy shit" as it was such a big unexpected thing to happen.

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group