100 Best Selling Games of 2007

Steamz and moar.
JohnyHumf

Postby JohnyHumf » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:48 pm

I know what you mean, I had played SA for probably over 60 hours, and then one day I fell off my bike in Los Santos and came accross a bookies. I mean fuck sake all that time and I never even knew it was there.

BlahBlah

Postby BlahBlah » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:19 pm

JohnyHumf wrote:Yes, it horribly offends the Fo'realeans, a band of quasi humans living in china who shit pebbles.

I haven't looked at the best selling games yet, does anyone else get seriously fucking annoyed with lists like these that are spread over 11 fucking pages?

Yes. http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?optio ... tstart=100 is fun though!

Zael

Postby Zael » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:41 pm

Im playing through SA atm and one thing really bugs me. Its the repeditive nature of the game. Im into the storyline, though I agree it is pretty superficial and it irks me I have to try some missions about 10 times before I can complete them to further the storyline, especially absoloutley stupid ones like all of Z's missions in San Fierro.

The fact you can't save whenever you want annoys the hell out of me.
http://gameviewsonline.blogspot.com

A blog about games - Now with increased vigor!

Updates every Wednesday.

JohnyHumf

Postby JohnyHumf » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:17 pm

Z's missions were awful, I had actually given up on the game for a couple of months because of them, esp the ones where your one the roof with the minigun, just completely jarred with the rest of the game.

NightShade

Postby NightShade » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:48 pm

That (minigun one) was the easiest mission ever. Hardly long enough to even be bothered by. I found the first plane one dead annoying, gave up trying to strafe targets in the end, would just fly in front of them and land pointing so they'd drive straight towards my guns as I shoot them -.-

JohnyHumf

Postby JohnyHumf » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:44 pm

Maybe it was just me then, I was playing it on the PS2, they seemd to get shot down, then crash onto the transmitter things causing some amount of damage. Or maybe I'm just awful at games, who knows.

NightShade

Postby NightShade » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:51 pm

Well I have it on the PC. They never even got near enough the building to fall on it, let alone on the transmitters. The joys of a mouse I suppose.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:26 am

On th PS2 it was an exercise in frustration, but with the accuracy of a mouse on the PC was so easy it barely warranted inclusion in the game.

Anyhoo, back to the list.

Really depressing to see so many shit games in there, especially cheap movie tie-ins. Now is it just me or will folks never learn? Game-of-the-movie titles are shit, with very very few exceptions. This has been the rule since Ocean Software first started churning them out, and is just as true today. Check the sales though - Transformers for example, crap game based on crap film based on crap toy - over 3million sold. Defies belief.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Papa Lazarou

Postby Papa Lazarou » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:22 pm

I don't think the hardcore crowd goes out and buys many movie cash-in games. But there are millions of clueless parents and other gift buyers in the world...

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:16 pm

Clearly.

It amazes me though. I used to work in a software shop when I first left college (late 80's), and the volume of crap games that parents used to try to return was staggering even then. You would think that they would learn the lesson and not buy them again...
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Papa Lazarou

Postby Papa Lazarou » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:22 pm

I think it would be very interesting to work in a game store for a week or so. I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from telling people what not to buy though... which I assume would mean instant dismissal...

Previous

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group