Ubisoft Take Aim Outside The FPS Genre

Steamz and moar.
DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:28 pm

I'm genuinely asking.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:31 pm

In the first game? No no no. It was all first person with no weapon model.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Plant

Postby Plant » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:24 pm

I never dug that no weapon model lark. Was like playing a really shit robot.
Prey wrote:i just fell up the stairs right on my fsace oopsiei

tester02

Postby tester02 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:30 pm

It was like you were killing things with your face. Awesome.

[Prey]

Postby [Prey] » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:05 pm

Given the performance of shit that is the current R6V2 PS3 release, it may actually be a good idea if Ubisoft completely stepped away from making fps games altogether...

Ubisoft says:

Hello all

Just a quick post to say we are aware some of you are experiencing issues with Vegas 2.
We are looking into this and will post when we have something concrete to tell you, in the meantime can I remind you all if you haven’t already please post in The Feedback Thread, this information will be invaluable in working out and addressing the issues you are experiencing.

Thank You

Some pissed off PS3 owner says:

Hey guys, for all the people who feel cheated, robbed, or that Ubisoft has released a product that does not perform or function as advertised, and that they are ignoring the problems by not publicly releasing an official statement confirming that they are aware of the problems, what they will do to ensure they are fixed, and the time frame for said fixes, the following will be good news for you.

My uncle's law firm has been hired by a group of 200 or so Michigan residents who want to file a class action suit against Ubisoft for releasing a product that does not do as advertised. My uncle says they will be releasing an official statement later on this week requesting that anybody who feels they were wronged by Ubisoft, to contact the law firm with your contact information, and problems with the game, as well as the store info where you bought it, and receipt numbers etc. as proof that you actually bought the game.

This is a very reputable law firm, as they are the same law firm that represents Quami Kilpatrick, the Mayor of Detroit. If you are wanting to get in on this mega class action suit, email me at koss1983@comcast.net with all the forementioned information for me to pass on to my uncle's law firm. I for one am not participating in the lawsuit, as i have bought the 360 version and am quite happy with it aside from a few minor bugs n glitches. But I am only posting this to help my uncle's firm and anybody who wishes to pursue their complaints with Ubisoft, and hope for a recall or full refund, or even a fix for that matter. Thanks guys and good luck to all of you in getting things patched up for ya.

Original complaint thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 2171036446

tester02

Postby tester02 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:19 pm

some of you are experiencing issues with Vegas 2.

BAHAHAHAHA!

[Prey]

Postby [Prey] » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:28 pm

Indeed. Ubisoft screw the pooch yet again, but on a much larger scale than normal. I wonder if poor old Subby went out and bought a copy?

NightShade

Postby NightShade » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:29 pm

I appear to have missed something, what did they do? Or not do as the case may be?

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:57 pm

They released a very buggy game, I say very buggy, it just doesn't work on the PS3. My Xbox 360 version is the pinnacle of awesomeness however.

I thought the advantage of next gen consoles over PC's was that this kind of thing would never happen, seems to happen more often than it did on PC. At least on PC you could generally fix it yourself. ¬_¬

tester02

Postby tester02 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:26 pm

I thought the advantage of next gen consoles over PC's was that this kind of thing would never happen,

Shitty publishers are universal, sir.

Previous

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group