Your Favorite 'Fuck Yeah!' Moments

Steamz and moar.
Jay

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:11 pm

Hearts of Iron? Isn't that that wargame that starts in, what 1933 or something?
Je veux qu'en même mon putain de paiement

mingmong

Postby mingmong » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:34 pm

Aye.
_Sigur Rós_ wrote:Same here. I bought two 16 year olds today for a grand sum of £4. They are pretty good as well.

Girdag

Postby Girdag » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:18 pm

Recently, a lot of these have come from Pro Evo.

Losing a player to a red card in the 2nd minute when I tried to hoof the ball away, but he decided to slide tackle through an opponent, giving away a penalty, then dragging myself back from going behind THREE times and finally winning it in injury time thanks to a near-identical penalty at the other end was just a 'FUCK! YES! ROCK AND ROOOOOOOOL!' moment. Pity it was against Fulham, not anyone interesting.
We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:43 pm

Gibby wrote:On Warhammer 40k: Squad Command for the PSP, I had a mission where I had to destroy an ammo depot behind enemy lines. After a long struggle, I'd fought my way to their depot, with only one scout remaining. Knowing if I didn't do something this turn, I'd lose him in the enemy turn. So, I had him do what Space Marines do best - die for the Emperor. I charged past the two Chaos Space Marines guarding the depot, and triggered their overwatch shots - having noticed they had plasma guns. The resulting explosion took out the ammo depot, my Scout, themselves and the surrounding terrain, but it was a mission success.

Even though I'd lost all my men, the depot was destroyed. For the Emperor!
Wasnt that like mission 2? Stop sucking boyo ;)
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

tester02

Postby tester02 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:59 pm

Warhawk again!

I make it out of the base enemy base with their flag and proceed to do a runner. Into two tanks, a fuck load of troops and an angry warhawk. And to top that off theres an ominous green laser targeter dancing around my feet.

Oh well, nice try. I lob a few random grenades to try for a couple of a cheap kills.

The laser zips into the middle of the pissed off bad guys, theres the lovely wooshing noise of an incoming off map airstrike, the tanks and half the troops disapear in a cloud of smoke and fire. The warhawk explodes, for some reason, shortly before friendlier warhawk zips overhead (ah ha!), drops a cluster bomb payload and vanishes. More of the ground units are blown to smithereens. Or at least comically launched off the cliff.

I make it to a rather knackered enemy jeep (not bothering to shoot anything since the guns are crap), hop in, drive over a soldier and flee back to my teams base and capture.

Hoorah for accidental teamwork. ^_^

Gibby

Postby Gibby » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:19 pm

eVoL wrote:
Gibby wrote:On Warhammer 40k: Squad Command for the PSP, I had a mission where I had to destroy an ammo depot behind enemy lines. After a long struggle, I'd fought my way to their depot, with only one scout remaining. Knowing if I didn't do something this turn, I'd lose him in the enemy turn. So, I had him do what Space Marines do best - die for the Emperor. I charged past the two Chaos Space Marines guarding the depot, and triggered their overwatch shots - having noticed they had plasma guns. The resulting explosion took out the ammo depot, my Scout, themselves and the surrounding terrain, but it was a mission success.

Even though I'd lost all my men, the depot was destroyed. For the Emperor!
Wasnt that like mission 2? Stop sucking boyo ;)

Yeah, I can't be bothered taking my time and sniping my way forward. ¬_¬

Jim

Postby Jim » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:17 pm

In Oblivion at one of the times it' snot being a badly coded player hating gobshite, like today for instance, I was attacking a group of three mythic dawn guys and I steadily dropped all their health and then with one final swipe I finished them all off. They dropped to the floor and lay clumped on top of each other :D

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:29 pm

Oblivion does have parts where it's just fantastic to experience, but unfortunately they are few and far between. Starting to take back Kvatch and charging the town gates with all of the guard was brilliant and then later in the game taking down an oblivion gate with Burd (I think it was Burd, whoever it was it he comes with you as part of the main story) was also very fun.

We'd just reached the top of the main chamber, which you steadily wind your way around by going through different rooms, just before going into the chamber with the stone and I heard Burd cry in anger behind me. I turned round just in time to see him charge at an enemy Daedra soldier which back off of the platform and doomed himself to plummet a long way to the floor. What I didn't expect was Burd to chase him right off the platform and continue trying to hit him even as they both fell to their dooms.

Of course the enemy died and Burd knocked himself unconscious because he can't die. But it'd have been much more epic if he had died. What a heroic way to go. >_<

Hikaru Sulu

Postby Hikaru Sulu » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:34 pm

Yeah, I agree Mantis. Oblivion had some great moment, tempered by some mediocre moments. Some mediocre moments caused by joint-development for consoles ¬_¬.

elgaucho

Postby elgaucho » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:52 pm

Most of the ones I can think of are actually from MoHAA online.

Every time I clubbed people in that game, (which was sehr often and really pissed people off!), every time we won a match by an inch of our lives through a flanking maneouvre, or every time I took out a group of good players! It was such an awesome game!

Then there was the time at the lan where one round everyone just swapped teams and left me to solo my way through everyone! I took out 13 of the 15 sods who teamed against me! :twisted:

Good memories from back then!

TBH... I think only TF2 has had as many funny and enjoyable and amusing moments! Mostly when I'm dominating more people than my previous best, or where some sod who's gotten the better of me finally gets his come-uppance! Or when you know I've pissed someone off so royally as a sniper that they've switched to a spy to backstab me and STILL end up on the pointy end of my machine gun! hehehe! :D
Fire! Fire! Fiiiiiiiire!

[Prey]

Postby [Prey] » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:56 pm

El "Diablo" Gaucho! ^_^

Unless of course you've changed dramatically over the last few years and are in fact the guy in the middle at the back. >_>

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:07 pm

Mafia, too many to list em all really, but the bit where you're doing the shootout in the car park, the bullets felt like they were sharp, in games now the bullets feel like they're not very lethal, but (even thought you could take a few hits) in Mafia there was something about the engine that made flying lead all that more deadlier.

elgaucho

Postby elgaucho » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:05 pm

Prey wrote:El "Diablo" Gaucho! ^_^

Unless of course you've changed dramatically over the last few years and are in fact the guy in the middle at the back. >_>

ok. How d'you do that? :o

I seem to recall I've only ever posted one pic on this forum, and that was years ago!

Mind you, that said, that pic is also pretty old - maybe 5 years or so, so I do feel and look more like the ol' General NAPO in the background there! That was from my first lan meet which I organised in Brazil!

(I won't tell you about the strip club we ended up in later... :oops: )
Fire! Fire! Fiiiiiiiire!

Gibby

Postby Gibby » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:45 pm

You remind me of Daniel Jackson from Stargate. ¬_¬

Hikaru Sulu

Postby Hikaru Sulu » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:53 am

elgaucho wrote:
Prey wrote:El "Diablo" Gaucho! ^_^

ok. How d'you do that? :o

I seem to recall I've only ever posted one pic on this forum, and that was years ago!

He hides outside your house taking pictures of you and going through your rubbish?

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group