Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Medicine Man

Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Postby Medicine Man » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:02 am

Achtung Englander wrote:The 2.2 hours cinema experience summed up in 2 seconds

:lol:

Looks like 4DX have really upped their game.

Mournblade

Postby Mournblade » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:11 am

Okay, I watched this yesterday afternoon.

It was enjoyable, entertaining and a worthy sequel to the 2015 Jurassic World. Does that means it's a worthy chapter in Jurassic Park saga? Personally, I think they should have only made the first JP film (1993) and left it at that.

Good

1. Impressive CGI Dinosaurs

2. Fun (overall)

Bad

1. Thin plot: Yet another attempt to expand the background and origins of Jurassic Park, but not in a convincing or particularly concrete way. Turns out, even though The Lost World made it clear that the dinosaurs were first created on Isla Sorna then transferred to Isla Nubla, actually the very first dinosaurs were made in a basement in California, belonging to an old man who used to work with John Hammond (who he never mentioned before). Also, as eVoL said, ANOTHER hybrid dinosaur (because that was such a great idea last time?) which is basically the Indominus Rex all over again, but with a higher concentration of Raptor DNA...

2. Shallow characters: Typical, greedy, suit-wearing bad guys who only care about money and weapons. "Good guys" who only want to save the cloned dinosaurs, despite the risks to humankind at large.

3. Over-the-top action: As eVoL said, Chris Pratt is basically Thor (thanks Marvel!) which makes the action fun, but smothers any attempt to convince you that this is a true chapter in the story begun by the first Jurassic Park, which was about real humans struggling to survive against the scientific abominations of their own making.

Conclusion

Go read the original book from 1990. Better than any of the films.
Last edited by Mournblade on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:56 am

I quite enjoyed it but I did think the bad guys weren't bad enough. They seemed clueless with how to run an auction. Plus the prices the dinos were going for? Really? Worth way more I'm sure.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:02 am

......all the while the little girl had no idea that there was a massive underground complex that staffed numerous scientists and had a HUGE carnivorous dinosaur that roared, were beneath her feet, in the mansion which had no sound proofing

](*,)

This franchise needs to die but it will not. This film is set to hit $1B. With every consecutive film the franchise has got worse. The idea of JP is brilliant but short of aaaahhhh !! run away from dinosaur or get eaten I am not sure what can be done with it (that is intellectually stimulating)
Games playing : Alan Wake American Nightmare / Metro 2033 / Total War Thrones Of Britannia / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain / Orcs Must Die / 2000:1 A Space Felony

Mournblade

Postby Mournblade » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:08 pm

Rusty wrote: Plus the prices the dinos were going for? Really? Worth way more I'm sure.

I thought that too! What a bargain!

Mournblade

Postby Mournblade » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:19 pm

My prediction for the next JW film:

Turns out Maisie has dino DNA in her blood (Henry Wu just can't help himself) and she will have some kind of control over dinosaurs (becoming a Daenerys-like "Mother of Dinosaurs" figure).

OR...

There'll be a new experiment to mix human and dino DNA, and the main antagonist will end up like a dinosaurian version of...

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:01 am

Oh god nooooooooo. Not that!

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:30 am

Naked baron of hell.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Previous

Return to TV & Film