Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Mournblade

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Postby Mournblade » Tue May 29, 2018 12:08 pm

Will anyone be going to see this next month?

So far I've seen every JP film in the cinema, so I won't miss out this time if I can help it!

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Postby Snowy » Wed May 30, 2018 6:53 am

I don't tend to go to the cinema much these days.

The JP films are a conundrum to me. They have consistently made weak films from a source material that would allow them something great, They always focus too much on the Velociraptors and the Tyrannosaurus Rex, plus have inherently awful characters. Despite this, I still tend to enjoy them but always wish they would do more with the franchise.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Wed May 30, 2018 7:58 am

The first JP is one of my favourite films of all time. Lost World is bearable, only because there's so much Jeff Goldblum (and Toby from the West Wing). I've never seen JP3 because it's apparently a disaster. Jurassic World was incredibly stupid but fun enough.

The trailer for the new one is one of the worst trailers I've ever seen. I probably would have gone to the cinema to see it if I'd missed the trailer, but now there's not a chance in hell.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

katarn

Postby katarn » Wed May 30, 2018 8:08 am

I much prefer JP3 to Lost World actually. It's also the shortest of the JP films by far, just tells a simple, neat story.

Lost World is a sprawling mess I find. I don't know if it's Spielberg's worst film, but it's definitely the most disappointing. Along with Crystal Skull.

Mournblade

Postby Mournblade » Wed May 30, 2018 8:51 am

JP3 is really good! It's actually one of my favourite "cinematic memories", if you will, i.e. one of the best experiences I have of watching a film at the cinema.

As Katarn says, it's simpler and more straight forward than any of the others, but it's got plenty of awesome dinosaurs and, best of all, it contains a great scene from Michael Crichton's original 1990 novel which never made it into the first film.

JP3 is certainly better than The Lost World, though I admit did also really enjoyed that film when I first saw it in 1997.

I watched The Lost World again a few years ago (second time I'd seen it) on DVD, and it didn't seem so special anymore.

Burberry Knight

Postby Burberry Knight » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:24 pm

The first movie is amazing. I really enjoy the second one too, although it goes a bit mad towards the end. I'm sorry to be the naysayer here, but I found the third one to be total shite. Jurassic World was a daft, fairly hollow, cinematic adventure that I wouldn't watch again, but it was fine at the time.

I recently saw the trailer for the latest one at the cinema and it looks truly awful. Not for me.

I should really look into the books.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:34 pm

Not just you, BK, I thought 3 was pants as well.
My face is tired.

Mournblade

Postby Mournblade » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:38 pm

Burberry Knight wrote:I should really look into the books.

Definitely; the first one is a classic.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:27 pm

So is the trailer just the climax of the film?
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:09 pm

Burberry Knight wrote:The first movie is amazing. I really enjoy the second one too, although it goes a bit mad towards the end. I'm sorry to be the naysayer here, but I found the third one to be total shite. Jurassic World was a daft, fairly hollow, cinematic adventure that I wouldn't watch again, but it was fine at the time.

I recently saw the trailer for the latest one at the cinema and it looks truly awful. Not for me.

I should really look into the books.

JP3 was total ballhang, 4 was just dull car advert with a few dinosaurs thrown in. I doubt 5 will be much better.

Read the first book and it was great. Very gory in places it's sometimes hard to believe it's the source material for the film. Book version of Congo is also a cracker.

Mournblade

Postby Mournblade » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:39 pm

Animalmother wrote:Read the first book and it was great. Very gory in places it's sometimes hard to believe it's the source material for the film. Book version of Congo is also a cracker.

Absolutely. And while we are praising Michael Crichton books, Timeline is also up there with the best of them.

Burberry Knight

Postby Burberry Knight » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:04 am

I shall look into his work.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:35 pm

5/10

Big sigh. Up till the bit the volcano explodes it is pretty good and than it is a steady decline. Elements of India Jones, but boring. Elements of Jurassic Park but less scary. Elements of a generic monster movie with zero originality.

I dunno. It could be old age. I could be jaded but the Hollywood machine is leaving me behind. Should have watched the footie

Games playing : Alan Wake American Nightmare / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain / Orcs Must Die / 2000:1 A Space Felony

Mournblade

Postby Mournblade » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:01 pm

I am planning to see this on Monday.

I am planning to enjoy it.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:26 pm

The 2.2 hours cinema experience summed up in 2 seconds

Games playing : Alan Wake American Nightmare / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain / Orcs Must Die / 2000:1 A Space Felony

Next

Return to TV & Film