Anime!

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Mantis
Admin

Anime!

Postby Mantis » Mon May 22, 2017 5:19 pm

Why don't we have a thread for this? Seeing as we have so many comic book readers on here, some of you nerds must be into anime too, surely?

I'm currently working my way through a hefty backlog of shows that I've missed over the years, but have been a little distracted by the second season of Attack on Titan finally airing. Only twelve episodes and it's moving at an infuriatingly slow pace! I'm hooked on it though.

So, do we have any fellow weeaboo's or otaku's signed up? Any favourite shows or current addictions?

Quietman

Re: Anime!

Postby Quietman » Mon May 22, 2017 7:12 pm

I dip in and out. Depends on how retrospective/patient I'm feeling :P
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Tue May 23, 2017 4:48 am

Watched some anime in my time, but have since fallen out quite of touch with it. No idea what what's meant to be good any more.

Still, I've got a couple of box sets to work through. The 90s Berserk series, Space Dandy and Cowboy Bebop.
End of an Era

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed May 24, 2017 8:14 am

I watch bits and pieces on Netflix. I really enjoyed Cowboy Bebop and was enjoying Psycho Pass, but unfortunately it was removed before I could watch much of it.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed May 24, 2017 5:38 pm

Psycho Pass is very good, the second season was apparently made by different people and really doesn't compare with the first though, which is disappointing to hear. I would definitely try and reacquire season 1 somewhere though as it is solid right through to the end.

If Deathnote and Steins;Gate are both still on Netflix I would highly recommend watching them, particularly Steins Gate; probably one of my favourite shows of the lot alongside FMA Brotherhood.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Wed May 24, 2017 6:07 pm

I watched 2 minutes of Ghoul on Netflix and then turned it off. Apart from the amazing animation I never got the appeal of anime.

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Wed May 24, 2017 6:48 pm

Long time Naruto and Bleach fan, FMA, Fairy Tail, Psycho Pass (which was fantastic), Karas, Deathnote....the list goes on :)

Do need something new to watch though..
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

elgaucho

Postby elgaucho » Thu May 25, 2017 7:40 am

It sounds as though i need to check out Psycho Pass... that one missed me by.

I've watched stuff for years, but there's not that many new series that have grabbed my interest.

I quite like the period shows...

Rurouni Kenshin
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Peacemaker Kurogane
Shura No Toki (I love this one!)

Also a huge One Piece fan :D .... but i've drifted over to the manga as there's soooo much filler space being used to pad out the length of episodes... i'm looking for edits like the one on http://onepace.net/watch/

Anyone who liked Cowboy Bebop should probably check out Samurai Champloo... or even Kids on the Slope.
Fire! Fire! Fiiiiiiiire!

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Thu May 25, 2017 10:10 am

Bleach, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (and Arise) and Samurai Champoo are probably my favourite Anime
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

elgaucho

Postby elgaucho » Thu May 25, 2017 12:11 pm

The first story arc of Bleach was very good.... but it got incrementally more absurd as it went on.... once it got to hueco mundo or whatever it was called i gave up :?
Fire! Fire! Fiiiiiiiire!

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Thu May 25, 2017 9:54 pm

The HM arc is pretty much my favourite bar the Soul Society arc.
Looking forward to them bothering to follow up with the final arc as anime, plenty of good stuff in there to translate over.
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue May 30, 2017 4:36 pm

Saw a good movie called Your Name this weekend. Reminds me a little of Studio Ghibli in terms of vibe and art style. Quite sad at times but just a generally nice heart warming anime overall.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Wed May 31, 2017 9:21 pm

There one Manga I liked if anyone can identify it for me please. It was set in an alternative steampunky Japan where they were trying to launch the first manned space mission, while neighbouring countries though it was a secret weapon and the world was on the brink of war. Remember it being pretty good.

Ah, found it after a few seconds of googling. Wings of Honneamise, shit its from 1987!

Return to TV & Film