Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Postby Raid » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:22 pm

I'm really enjoying it, personally.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:49 pm

I'm still watching it so I suppose that's saying something. Not actually sure if I like it or not yet. Some things annoy me about it but are balanced out with things I do like.

For a first season in an ST franchise though it's quite strong showing which is very different to the other shows which all were awful in first season until they found their feet. So I suppose with that in mind this series has a head start and could continue strongly improving when everyone is gelled and the writing settles out.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:24 pm

I'm enjoying it too, more so than at the start. I think part of it was adjusting to a syndicated, on-going story in Star Trek, not to mention the different tone. The darker tone works for me, though, because the core crew of the Discovery are clinging onto the optimistic, hopeful ideals of Starfleet while everything falls apart around them.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:20 pm

Now I have finished the first series, overall I have enjoyed it. The second half of series one is much better than the first half. I almost gave up on it. Looking forward to series 2.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:37 pm

Yeah considering that's the first season it was pretty strong overall. Think it clearly benefits from a few quid being spent on it and some of the characters are great. I even warmed to Burnham towards the end there.

Previous

Return to TV & Film