The Grand Tour

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
DjchunKfunK

Re: The Grand Tour

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:03 pm

They were different types of stinkers though, usually one with boring films or those terribly fixed races. This felt like something different just a bad skit spread out over an hour.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:26 am

This weeks episode was a bit up and down. The start of the main film was just bad, Hammond can't act like some kind of young gun when he is in his late 40s, it just doesn't work and it wasn't funny either. The second part was slightly better when they tried to lose him, but overall I thought it wasn't great. The studio bits still feel a bit forced and the dead celebrity joke has gone on long enough. So not exactly a great series so far for me.

Fun fact, the building Richard and James knocked down is the same building Jeremy drove into when James and him made that film making fun of Citroen drivers.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:56 pm

Caught up on the last couple of episodes, had to skip the tent sections they are just so bad. The feature involving cars was good, all the comedy stuff isn't.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Eny

Postby Eny » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:31 pm

Aye, the funniest bits are when they aren't on script. The contrived stuff is just trying to hard.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:11 am

I've watched the first two episodes and I thought the celebrities dying thing was mildly funny at first, but no idea why they felt the need to repeat it in the second...
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:03 am

That was probably the best episode so far. The car review was solid, still don't like the track though, and the main film was rather funny. It was the first time I had properly laughed since the show started.

One thing I've noticed is that the Lap Board doesn't seem to have the same effect as the one in Top Gear, maybe it's because the high tech nature of it means it has less impact or maybe it's the fact that the track is bobbins. Whatever it is both the audience in the tent and the presenters themselves don't really seem to care about it that much.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:02 pm

Theres a huge arrogance to this thats really starting to grate. I know its kind of Clarksons thing but now its turned up to the max and its all three of them. Like an over riding smugness that I'm totally not getting along with :(
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:37 pm

Yeah I get what you mean. It seems to be lessening as the show goes along, but that could just be me getting used to it. They certainly don't deserve to feel smug after the mixed bag they have served up so far.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:29 am

So the last episode of the first series will be available tomorrow. Having watched every episode so far I think my overriding feeling is that the show has become boring rather quickly. It's still watchable, just about, but a lot of the stuff they try to do just doesn't come off and the majority of the films have been safe and not very entertaining. A lot of them have also followed the same script ie two of them set off to do a road test and then the third comes along and tries to sabotage it. I've waited all series for one of the classic 'second hand car challenges' but when it arrived even that was a disappointment and was nowhere near as good as the ones they used to do on Top Gear.

Overall I would say that despite the ire the new series of Top Gear received the Grand Tour has hardly blown it out of the water. It's probably just about surpassed the older show, but only just.

Previous

Return to TV & Film