Pacific Rim: Maelstrom

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Prey
Admin

Pacific Rim: Maelstrom

Postby Prey » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:03 am

Filming has now officially started on the long awaited follow up to Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim titled Pacific Rim: Maelstrom. The film is written by Derek Connolly and will star John Boyega in the lead role as Idris Elba's son while directing has now fallen in the lap of Netflix and Daredevil's own Steven S. DeKnight...

As previously reported, Boyega played the son of Stacker Pentecost, who was portrayed by Idris Elba in the original film. He’ll be joined by Cailee Spaeny as the new female lead, Scott Eastwood, Adria Arjona, Mackenyu Maeda, Jing Tian, and Levi Meaden. In addition, del Toro has said some of the cast members from the last film will return. However, we don’t know which ones yet.

Considering how many times Pacific Rim 2 looked like it might get delayed indefinitely or even cancelled outright, it’s heartening to see that it really and truly is happening, with shooting finally started in Australia. Pacific Rim: Maelstrom is in theaters February 23, 2018.

http://www.slashfilm.com/pacific-rim-2-title/

Another dose of big slow ass robots kicking arse again. Get in.
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Animalmother

Re: Pacific Rim: Maelstrom

Postby Animalmother » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:48 pm

Pacific Rim was a hoot, dumb as a sack of bricks but great fun. Hopefully we'll get a bit of robot s robot action in the new one.

Also embedded videos have stopped working on my phone for this site :?

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:09 pm

Pacific Rim's story is as basic as you can find in Hollywood, but it was expertly crafted. There's barely a second of wasted time in the original, it's utterly beautiful, it sounds great, every single major actor in the film is perfect in their role, and I don't think there's a single film that applies "rule of cool" so well. If not done correctly, the sequel could end up being the silly rubbish a lot of people expected the original to be. Instead, del Toro gave us one of my absolute favourite films which even after four or five viewings, still makes me grin like an idiot for its entire runtime.

"Now, you and I are the only thing standin' between that ugly bastard and a city of two million people! Now we have a choice here: we either sit and wait, or we take these flare guns and do something really stupid."

Gets me every time.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:51 pm

Yeah it's not often I watch a film and see it as not only entertainment but as a true work of art also, Pacific Rim is art given life IMHO. Pause any single frame on blu ray featuring a battle scenario and allow yourself to marvel at the sheer intensity of detail and tlc on offer, tis a beautiful thing to be sure and it never once lapses from start to end which is even more amazing.

Pacific Rim was everything we all hoped the Transformers franchise would be and showed just how big stompy robots should be handled correctly on all levels. Can't wait for the sequel.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:43 pm

And that theme tune tho.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Rewatched Pacific Rim and the making of docus on my br edition yesterday and was honestly amazed at just how little set building there was overall, mucho green screen. All I know is it pleases the man child in me on an entirely different level to most movies.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:47 pm

Rewatched this last night, it's a total hoot of a film :D

Only thing that irked was the name of some of the Jager. Gypsy Danger, sounds like what a furry would call themselves :?

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:36 pm

First one was OK, wouldn't rush back to watch it again.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Return to TV & Film