Upcoming Movies

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Animalmother

Upcoming Movies

Postby Animalmother » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:23 pm

Instead of doing a new thread for individual films, thought I'd just do up a generic one.

The Predator, yet another reboot of Predator series except this one now has a The in front of it. Some edgy shit right there.

Being written by Shane Black (helped write original) and directed by Fred Dekker (?). No info on release date or who is going to be in it yet. With a bit of luck it will go back to its R rated roots and not end up like the shit show that was the Robocop reboot.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Slated for released in April 2017 with same cast and crew it appears. With addition of Kurt Russell as Star Lords father, awesome! :D

http://io9.gizmodo.com/james-gunn-reveals-the-cast-of-guardians-of-the-galaxy-1759617117

Animalmother

Re: Upcoming Movies

Postby Animalmother » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:55 pm

I created this thread so fuck it I'm using it!! :x

Anywho, Christopher Nolan's next film will be a war one, yahhhhh!!! It's based in Dunkirk during 1940 and will hopefully be epic as fuck. Tom Hardy and Kenneth Branagh cast so far, as well as some scrot from One Direction :roll:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/christopher-nolan-direct-wwii-film-851289

Due out next year.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:38 pm

One direction? God. Gone the days of the likes tom Hanks in movies now we have to have x factor clowns instead.

Anyways I've heard nothing about this film is it about the failed expeditionary force and their subsequent retreat from Dunkirk? Could be good I guess.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Apparently that Predator film has been written as a full-on sequel and they're trying to get Arnie on board.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:22 pm

Wolfy wrote:Apparently that Predator film has been written as a full-on sequel and they're trying to get Arnie on board.
Oh noooo...

I can already envision another shit show like the last Terminator.
End of an Era

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:24 pm

That's what I'm thinking. Shane Black is still trying to get it an R-rated affair, so we'll see. I'm expecting another Predators. ¬_¬
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:18 am

Animalmother wrote:I created this thread so fuck it I'm using it!! :x

Been busy mate, you can always keep editing the OP with new stuff!

Guardians 2 being another year away is a sharp move, gives people time to miss them from first time round and the first one will probably be on TV by then. Also depends whether next year is when Marvel goes to three per year, I will have to find that roadmap graphic and check.

The Predator, they must have confidence in what Shane Black is doing if they're not going for the anniversary release also next year, but have pushed it to March '18 instead.
Youtube Channel Currently Offline https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCImKjJptbRwGw0nHMykzeqg
Blog: http://kensmoviereview.wordpress.com

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:15 pm

:shock:

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:48 pm

Don't even give them the satisfaction of a shocked smiley!
That looks unreasonably dire. Low brow Summer "shock" comedy combined with cheap, naff looking GC animation? The two things I felt really needed to be merged together. :-k

"Isn't it naughty! The cartoon swears and makes bawdy references!" Get that garbage out of here! :lol:
End of an Era

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:26 pm

:lol: :lol:

The actors in this film seem to be on a slippery slope to shitdom the past few years (Rogen, Rudd, Wigg, etc).

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:41 pm

Rogen has never climbed up the slope.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:05 pm

Knocked up was ok.
My face is tired.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:19 pm

Rejoice everyone, there will be a fifth Avatar film made and it'll be out in 2023!! The fact that there hasn't been a second one yet does not seem to be an issue. One of the highest grossing films ever that no one talks about anymore is due 4 sequels starting from Christmas 2018. There will be a new film every 2 years thereafter.

I suppose that will be competing with Star Wars won't it?

http://io9.gizmodo.com/james-cameron-just-announced-another-avatar-sequel-tha-1771026188

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:07 pm

The reasoning behind doing 4 more Avatar films is ridiculous.

Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:05 pm

Assuming it'll be around $200million per film, that'll be most of a billion dollars worth of tantrum.

In marginally less crazy news, I found out about a number of new kaiju films on their way. Firstly there's Godzilla Unleashed, which is being made by the Tomo, the company behind the originals. They based this decision on the success of the 2014 Legendary Pictures Godzilla film. It's out later this year.

Now Legendary are making their version of the Godzilla franchise into a Marvel-style shared universe with King Kong next year, another Godzilla in 2018, and then Godzilla vs. Kong in 2020. Legendary have the rights for Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidora, who will all apparently be in the second film. This makes me excited.

Next

Return to TV & Film