Captain America - Civil War

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Captain America - Civil War

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:36 pm

Trailer world premiere -

Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Re: Captain America - Civil War

Postby Raid » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:08 pm

Given Winter Soldier's place at the very top of the individual cinematic universe films in my estimations, I'm rather looking forward to this. It does feel that they've spoiled a lot of it with that trailer though, which is a shame.

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:56 pm

The trailer didn't have that play-it-100-times level of addiction like Star Wars and definitely spoiled too much but Marvel's now a well-oiled machine so it will get seen and I'm assuming Black Panther is this year's 2nd Phase 4 flick before they go to three a year? Will have to find that timeline graphic again.

Didn't watch Winter Soldier at the flicks when I would've enjoyed it on the big screen so I will make up for that with CW.
Youtube Channel Currently Offline https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCImKjJptbRwGw0nHMykzeqg
Blog: http://kensmoviereview.wordpress.com

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:26 pm

Personally I think Spider-man looks great. At last his eyes convey his emotions! YES!
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:57 pm

Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:35 am

That second trailer does have the play-it-100-times level of addiction but I'm cool with waiting the seven weeks for CW if we have the DC gang first of all.
Youtube Channel Currently Offline https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCImKjJptbRwGw0nHMykzeqg
Blog: http://kensmoviereview.wordpress.com

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:35 am

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:46 am

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:52 pm

The verdict: it's good, it's slightly confused by its own plot, and at times it is pure comic book awesomeness. Spiderman is the best Spiderman ever put on screen. I realise some hardcore Toby fans will call that heresy, but they nailed it. This Spiderman is perfect.

The whole civil war plot is pretty much an excuse for everyone to royal rumble, which is disappointing but also fine in some respects because the resulting action is some of the best in a Marvel film to date.

The true film is the (probably unintentional) years of repressed sexual tension between Tony and Steve exploding all over the place as they exchange emotional gazes and physical blows. Full spoilers:

Spoiler: show
Seriously, if Marvel aren't going to end phase 3 with them hooking up then they are painfully unaware of the bromantic subtext they've woven into these films. Tony, the flamboyant playboy who overcompensates with women in denial of his true feelings and recently dumped by Pepper, his first serious relationship; the Cap, a 100 year old virgin who spends half his time buffing up in the gym and prefers fighting with his buddies to asking out the girl he likes. When Tony sees Cap has a new BFF he goes for the throat and tries to punch him to death. Nobody's going to take his Steve away from him! But when Cap fights back he smashes Tony's arc reactor - a clear metaphor for breaking his heart. :cry:

Then he hand-writes Tony an actual apology letter. Could this be any clearer?!

Anyway, the civil war plot is confused. Not confusing, confused. It doesn't understand the point of itself. Both sides agree killing civilians is bad, mmkay, but disagree on whether they should be regulated and held accountable. They resolve this by battering the shit out of each other in an airport which luckily doesn't appear to have many innocents hanging around. At least none that they saw, so I guess it's fine and not at all the exact thing they all agreed they shouldn't do. But I don't mind this because this scene is superb. It's pure comic book glee, arguably surpassing the battle of New York in those terms. Spidey steals the show too, which is great.

Then Tony goes off on a vigilante mission and nonchalantly ignores his super mates being broken out of prison, because fuck accountability when it affects you and yours, right? ](*,)

I maintain it's a good film, or at least a really enjoyable film, despite its internal idiocy. Well worth a watch.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:17 pm

Yeah, I really enjoyed it too. Nice dark edge to it but still a few laugh-out-loud moments.
Anyone interested in the obligatory Marvel end credit clips stay right to the end of all the credits 'cause there's 2 in this one.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sun May 01, 2016 11:36 pm

They did a great job with Spiderman, far better than Sony ever did. It's almost as if the scriptwriters have met a real teenager before.

And that second post credits scene; that's quite exciting.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Mon May 02, 2016 7:51 am

Can someone spoiler the second one? I didn't see it :(

And yeah, easily the best Spider-man on film. So, so good.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Mon May 02, 2016 8:10 am

Second post-credits scene:

Peter Parker is back home nursing a black eye, explaining to Aunt May that some kid called Steve punched him. When she leaves, he tests out a wrist laser thing (presumably from Stark) which projects a sort of Spidey-app onto the ceiling. It's basically the Spiderman face with a ring of app options around it. Bet it has microtransactions. :x
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Mon May 02, 2016 9:02 am

It was more the single line directly afterwards that said "Spiderman will return", which sorta suggested that Marvel Studios may be allowed to make an actual Spiderman film. I've since read up on this, I didn't realise this was already known.

Did anyone else notice that we got more Iron Man in Captain America 3 than Iron Man 3?

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Tue May 03, 2016 9:33 am

There was no Iron Man 3.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Next

Return to TV & Film