Ghostbusters reboot: Bustin' makes me feel sick

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
eVoL

Re: Ghostbusters reboot, with female leads

Postby eVoL » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:24 am

Theres not many perfect films left that havent been ruined are there? Commando and Running Man. Oh and Lost Highway. 8) Also all the amazing JCVD films that people wrongly dont think highly enough of to remake, thankfully! Desert Heat and Wake Of Death! :mrgreen: At least Zemeckis has said he will block all attempts to remake Back To The Future, so the kid at the end of 3 is forever.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:38 am

eVoL wrote:Theres not many perfect films left that havent been ruined are there? Commando and Running Man. Oh and Lost Highway. 8) Also all the amazing JCVD films that people wrongly dont think highly enough of to remake, thankfully! Desert Heat and Wake Of Death! :mrgreen: At least Zemeckis has said he will block all attempts to remake Back To The Future, so the kid at the end of 3 is forever.
While it wasn't subjected to being humiliated in front of popular culture at large, the Russians re-made Commando for the domestic market.

By all accounts, it wasn't very good.
End of an Era

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:59 am

Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Mon May 30, 2016 12:35 pm

We like posting opinionated people rambling on youtube, right?

More or less my take on the situation.
End of an Era

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon May 30, 2016 4:26 pm

Why is it that people who make these kinds of videos have to insult people they disagree with?
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Mon May 30, 2016 5:07 pm

Referring to the people who drag down the discussions within various geek fandoms with their vocal disdain of anyone who is not like them as "assholes" is hardly an insult.
Hell, if that's the worst thing levelled at them, they're getting off lightly. :lol:
End of an Era

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue May 31, 2016 10:19 am

Well firstly to resort to insults feels kind of childish when you are trying to put across a reasoned argument and secondly I wasn't just talking specifically about this video, it seems to be a trend with stuff like this, and there are other examples of him insulting people he doesn't agree with in that video.

I guess most of it comes from the belief that this is what people want to see, someone shouting at you and insulting people they disagree with, or hold the opposite view. To me though it just shows a lack of understanding and respect.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Tue May 31, 2016 10:38 am

Moviebob, like other self-opinionated videobloggers,look to their own logic as gospel. He does have a point about woman hating geeks. They really need to fuck off. Mummy mummy the girls are taking away our fun. :|
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Wargame: European Escalation / Valiant Hearts (XBO)

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Tue May 31, 2016 10:48 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:Well firstly to resort to insults feels kind of childish when you are trying to put across a reasoned argument and secondly I wasn't just talking specifically about this video, it seems to be a trend with stuff like this, and there are other examples of him insulting people he doesn't agree with in that video.

I guess most of it comes from the belief that this is what people want to see, someone shouting at you and insulting people they disagree with, or hold the opposite view. To me though it just shows a lack of understanding and respect.
Eh. Respect is earned. And I'm not going to say I respect the opinion of people who are so troublesome with their exclusionary and narrow minded world view.
Will talking calmly to someone ranting on twitter about whatever distorted vision of feminism they imagine is destroying their culture help them to see the errors of their ways? I'd like to think so, but the truth is that they'll head back to whatever echo chamber feeds their anger and be back with a whole new bout of rhetoric to muddy the waters with.

If anything, considering the tone with which these kind of opinions are attacked, this video is cathartic.
Achtung Englander wrote:Moviebob, like other self-opinionated videobloggers,look to their own logic as gospel. He does have a point about woman hating geeks. They really need to fuck off. Mummy mummy the girls are taking away our fun. :|
That was the entire point of why I posted the video. Not to put Bob on a pedestal, but to have someone slightly more energetically and entertainingly express pretty much my opinion on the matter. :P
End of an Era

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue May 31, 2016 3:45 pm

It's not about respecting their opinions it's about respecting their right to an opinion which people like this guy don't ever seem to do, whether the opinion is repellent or not. Just saying people have to earn respect is just about giving someone a free pass to insult someone else.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Tue May 31, 2016 4:23 pm

Wait, what?

Not about respecting their opinion... but respecting their right to having an opinion? I thought that was understood?
They have every right to act like dicks, much like any right minded person has right to call them dicks for doing so.
End of an Era

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue May 31, 2016 4:41 pm

You seem to be missing my point. My point was that this video is very much in a similar vein of 'opinion pieces' that I see on Youtube that are just examples of people's seeming disregard for anyone who doesn't agree with them and an unwillingness to expect that someone might hold a different opinion to their own. Putting aside whether the opinion is repellent or not, I just don't get why people can't respond in a clear and sensible way and instead have to resort to insults. You can be funny and witty and get your point across without having to call people dicks.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Tue May 31, 2016 5:43 pm

So the point is simply that the tone of the video is a bit crap?
Right. I mean, I'm on his side, so it doesn't come across to me as such, but if we're asking if it'd stand up in court or, at the very least, a high school debate club? Yeah, probably not.
End of an Era

Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Tue May 31, 2016 6:11 pm

The phenomenon where people insult those who disagree with them is hardly new and hardly exclusive to YouTube videos -- it's a pretty standard human behaviour that is probably as old as human culture itself. Humans are not always reasonable, rational, considerate or polite. Not that you need me to tell you that. Personally, I hurl insults at the idiots who I disagree with all the time. Only when they can't hear me though.

Also, the new Ghostbusters looks terrible.
Bear welcome in your eye, your hand, your tongue.
Look like th' innocent flower, but be the serpent under ’t.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:41 am

Yeah I don't disagree, but it feels like now people have been told by so often that their views are important and matter that the phenomenon is a lot worse and more prelevant.

PreviousNext

Return to TV & Film