Friday The 13th - The TV Series With Jason

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Friday The 13th - The TV Series With Jason

Postby Wolfy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:36 pm

Announcerated.

Crystal Lake is finally reopening on the small-screen.

While Platinum Dunes works out their remake for 2015, Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films and Crystal Lake Entertainment have set a deal to produce a new hourlong dramatic series based upon the characters and settings of Friday The 13th, Deadline reports.

Sean S. Cunningham, who helmed the 1980 original, will be executive producer along with EFO Films principals Randall Emmett & George Furla, Mark Canton of Atmosphere Entertainment MM, Steve B. Harris of Diversion3 Entertainment, and Ted Fox of Fox Entertainment. Also producing is Horror Inc. president Robert Barsamian, who produced the features.

Bill Basso (Terminator) and Jordu Schell (Avatar) have been set to script “a storyline that re-imagines Jason in multiple time periods.”

The original was set at a summer camp, closed because of the drowning of an unattended child. Promiscuous counselors tried to re-open the place, but they began dying. Jason actually took root as the indestructible villain in the second film, with his signature hockey goalie mask. “The series is contemporary, focusing on the eclectic characters of Crystal Lake who are forced to confront the return of the killer, as new secrets about his wacky family are revealed.”

Roy Knyrim (Gods and Monsters) of SOTA FX will coordinate the special make-up effects for the series.

“Jason Voorhees is synonymous with the genre and we plan to build on this legacy with a provocative and compelling take that expands upon the storylines that have already thrilled millions worldwide,” explained Cunningham. Said Barsamian: “Expect the show to take viewers in some exciting new directions that we’re confident will not only excite existing fans of Friday The 13th but also attract new audiences to the situations and characters that inhabit the small town of Crystal Lake.”

I don't know.

*shrugs*

Sure..?
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

topfear

Re: Friday The 13th - The TV Series With Jason

Postby topfear » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:59 pm

As good as any excuse for more tits and violence on TV, I guess.

Do you remember the days of 24, Lost, Buffy, X-Files? TV used to be awesome. Clever, intelligent writing, likeable casts, no sex and nudity scenes every two minutes.

*sigh*
^ not my words, the words of Top Gear magazine

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:11 pm

I dunno, now I'm thinking about Buffy with nudity in it....

topfear

Postby topfear » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:37 pm

I believe it's called True Blood. Has none of the great writing of Whedon, but if you're after vampires and sex, fill your boots.
^ not my words, the words of Top Gear magazine

JohnyHumf

Postby JohnyHumf » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:54 pm

topfear wrote:
Do you remember when people watched things that wasn't made by HBO?

Fixed.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:17 pm

Rose tint is excessive with TV shows.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Return to TV & Film