Batman V Superman V Deadpool - Deadpool Wins

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Prey
Admin

Re: Batman V Superman - Dawn of Tomorrow's Injustice Batman

Postby Prey » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:31 pm

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice will get itself a gritty, violent, R-rated alternate version – at least, on Blu-ray.

The film’s theatrical release carries a standard PG-13 rating. But in its latest bulletin, the MPAA (America’s de facto censor board) revealed that a home ent version of Zack Snyder’s superhero battle movie – entitled Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition – has been rated R.

Source: EMPIRE

So by all accounts Snyder must have already had an r rated version of the movie all done before Deadpool even hit the big time like it has. That's some clever forward thinking right there as based on what we've seen from the PG-13 clips an r rated version is going to be mind blowing.
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:26 pm

Warner might be more likely to follow through with a different cut of a superhero flick than Fox, but I'll still believe it when I see it after Deadpool turned into Prometheus the 2nd. I forgot that Watchmen did get an extended version so I'd have to track that down and rent it to see what's different.

Right now I'm just happy you won't need an iPad to hear the whole soundtrack if they're planning a 2CD mashup of Hans Zimmer and the other guy (Junkie XL I think). That's a lesson learned from Dark Knight Rises.
Youtube Channel Currently Offline https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCImKjJptbRwGw0nHMykzeqg
Blog: http://kensmoviereview.wordpress.com

Srcr. Maligree

Postby Srcr. Maligree » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:55 pm

Nethlyn wrote:I forgot that Watchmen did get an extended version so I'd have to track that down and rent it to see what's different.

Watchmen had 2. This site compares different cuts of movies, scene by scene.
Movie-Censorship - Watchmen Director's Cut / Ultimate Cut Comparison
Steam & Origin: Maligree ~~~ PSN: SrcrMaligree

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:09 pm

Snyder dishes on 'Batman V Superman' Director's CutJust how much more violent will it be?

Last month, the MPAA revealed the existence of an R-rated cut of the upcoming 'Batman V Superman', and now Director Zack Snyder has addressed the topic and revealed what we'll see.

Speaking to the Hollywood Reporter, Snyder reacted against accusations that Deadpool is the reason why it will be rated, saying "Online, everyone's like, 'Oh, they're doing an R-rated in reaction to Deadpool,' and you're like We didn't just shoot it last week, and we also didn't edit it last week.". So what might we see in the extended cut? "The why of that is [the DVD version] is a half-hour longer, and some of that additional material is some of the stuff we took out for the rating. I was like, "Cool, I can put it back in for the director's cut." There was nothing by design. This was the material I just put back in, and then when [the MPAA] looked at it again, they were like, "Oh, now the movie's rated R." And, by the way, it's not a hard R. There's no nudity. There's a little bit of violence. It just tips the scale."

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/51133/snyder-dishes-batman-superman-directors-cut/index.html
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Tank

Postby Tank » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:44 am

Massive spoilers of course!

Can't say I am surprised. I am honestly surprised anyone really thought otherwise. May change when I get round to seeing it of course, but I would bet folding money it won't.
Prey wrote:Reminds me of school when I asked to borrow someone's football, said no and then laughed and said ok. Told them to shove it.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:51 am

It's currently sat at 33% on RT...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_ ... f_justice/

I can't help but feel the PG 13 rating and the loss of 30-60 minutes of what was has stifled the movie somewhat. I may even hold off watching it now until the true R rated version is released so i can view it for the first time as it was originally intended. Think Watchmen condensed and with a PG 13 rating, we all know it just wouldn't work.

Still I highly doubt the negative reviews will impact its box office predictions and it will still make DC a shit load of cash regardless.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:53 am

None spoiler review...

Chris calls it a movie of two halves part political thriller that works and then part forced absurdity with leanings of just being far too concerned with setting up DC's JL movie it loses all focus and any sense of self worth that doesn't work. He calls it a very conflictive movie overall.

He does say however that Batfleck is THE best Batman ever commited to film and all the naysayers will change their minds once they see him in action. Cavill however serves up nothing still to bring him anywhere close to the greatness that was Reeve.

One of the main criticisms coming out is just how miscast Jesse Eisenberg is as Lex with Jeremy Jahns going as far as to say he almost does a Jim Carey impression throughout and is often in scenes just doing strange noises with no payoff whatsoever. Also that the entire justification of Batman wanting to go after Superman in the first place with the whole mass destruction caused in MoS backstory becomes completely redundant as there's just as much if not MORE destruction caused in this movie by the time the credits roll.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:27 am

Still kinda want to see this.
It's like I know Zack Snyder is the worst, and yet I can't help but keep subjecting myself to his brand of trash.

Sort of like buying a Call of Duty. You know the majority of it is going to be naff, but it'll have one or two really cool moments that almost, almost make up for the bloated run time and hodge-podge, nonsensical story.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:37 am

You make it sound like Snyder is just another Michael Bay. I personally have enjoyed and own every single Snyder movie he's done bar the one with the owls whereas I think I own one single Bay movie with Transformers. Bay does it purely for the money and cares not about delivering what fans truly want from it. Snyder at least does it for his genuine love of the medium AND then to make the studios money and always does his best to deliver what people want to the best of his ability with a mixture of success and failure.

I may come away from a Snyder movie somewhat disappointed or I wish they'd done something differently but I never come away from them feeling I just completely wasted both my time and money as has happened with many a Bay movie cinema experience. I still enjoy his movies and appreciate just what it is he was attempting to do. Plus he delivers a highly memorable visual experience like no other every single time without fail.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:53 am

I'll give you that. Out of the mega budget blockbuster crowd, he's certainly the least cynical. Maybe not in tone, but in his approach to film making. If anything, he has an almost naïve quality to his work. He loves what he's doing so much. The action, the splendour, the costumes! Only he doesn't quite get storytelling and comes across as a little disconnected from actual human emotion.

Well, I admit my statement was hyperbolic. He's not literally the worst. He's just really good at making flawed spectacle.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:09 am

If you even slightly appreciate anything he attempted with Watchmen which was long deemed as the movie nobody could ever make you will at least know that given the right source material he can deliver more than just flawed spectacle. Watchmen had a layer of substance that none of his other films have contained and at the very least added emotion and characters you cared about along side to the spectacle he served up in spades. The storytelling in Watchmen for me at least was bang on.

I do agree though he is very much his worst enemy when it comes to channeling his inner often unhinged over enthusiasm and dedication to bringing movies to life for us all to enjoy. He can only get better though in time and with constructive criticism if you consider his filmic resume to date he at the very least deserves far more leniency than Bay ever will.

You can't blame a guy for trying even if it is entirely evident he tries a little too hard.

Tank

Postby Tank » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:26 am

Prey wrote:I can't help but feel the PG 13 rating and the loss of 30-60 minutes of what was has stifled the movie somewhat. I may even hold off watching it now until the true R rated version is released so i can view it for the first time as it was originally intended. Think Watchmen condensed and with a PG 13 rating, we all know it just wouldn't work.

I don't think an extra hour to make it "R Rated" is really going to make the difference. Its apocryphal reasoning that all steams from the recent success of Deadpool. Deadpool worked because all of wades source material was knee deep in adult content so either you went R or you fundamentally misunderstood Deadpool. When the likes of David Goyer and Zak Snyder tell you the best version of the Batman/Superman picture is R rated I would wager its down to there own distinct lack of writing/directing ability.

I mean Mr Snyder can frame and shoot the fuck out of a film I will give him that, if nothing else he is a visual powerhouse when it comes to directing but that's it. Comparing him to Michael Bay seems like a dig but I think Snyder wishes he was as talented as Bay. As it stands he comes across as a third rate indie equivalent.

Warner Bros seems to either not understand there own characters (and the constant state of evolution that are in) or they have sincere trouble choosing directors and writers to do that for them. Even Nolan's trilogy were just good Nolan films, not necessarily good Batman films.

Since this picture was announced everything about it has seemed like a direct and panicked response to every thing Marvel does. This all started with a single mocked up picture and a Frank Miller quote and to be honest from where I'm standing not much has changed.
Prey wrote:Reminds me of school when I asked to borrow someone's football, said no and then laughed and said ok. Told them to shove it.

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:38 am

Interesting views Tank, I agree that you can only watch/review the cut on the screen in front of you and I won't increase the score I gave Deadpool because its car fight scene "pays homage to" The Raid 2. In that case the older film gets the better score and I wasn't having a Triple Nine/The Town situation again.

I'm just mindful of the fact that Man of Steel took a similar runtime to set up just the one guy (and chief enemy), whilst BvS has a whole crowd of other characters so Batman and co won't get the same type of coverage or I'll assume he won't until I see it. The debate is going to be whether an 80 year old cornerstone founding hero needs that coverage when he's popping up in Suicide Squad and will get his own three flicks going forward. Let Warner take all the time they need in my view, compared to Marvel wearing us out and risking fatigue by going three a year.
Youtube Channel Currently Offline https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCImKjJptbRwGw0nHMykzeqg
Blog: http://kensmoviereview.wordpress.com

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:26 pm

I think we both know that the true fundamental flaw that will exist within the very heart of this movie will all directly stem from it being written by David Goyer just like MoS was before it. The guy is so hit and miss it beggars belief. For every Dark City there's a Crow 2.

Also dubbing Snyder as a third rate director next to the likes of Bay is in my eyes way understating Snyders skill set. Bay himself is now a mere shadow of his former self and any talent he once showcased has been replaced with the need for cold hard cash deals so that he may continue to churn out nothing but new Transformers movies. The guy has only said he wouldn't direct the next one about two or three times right up until the studio open up their cheque book and say how much this time Michael?

I'm not saying that the same isn't going to happen to Snyder over time if this isn't a huge commerical success as we all know just how DC have riding on Justice League and Snyder's OC like input but at least he's delivering movies people actually give something of a fuck about unlike Bay with whatever Transformers drivel he throws at us next year after he's cashed his cheque.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:30 am

BvS has taken in $44 Million on its opening Thursday preview night alone so far bagging it a new March opening record.

WB has already announced a blu ray and collectors blu ray version with a release date of July 27th...

Fans will have the opportunity to choose between Batman or Superman with regards to the Collector’s Editions, as each set comes with a Henry Cavill Superman or Ben Affleck Batman statue. In addition to this incentive to buy, both R-rated sets contain the 2D and 3D Blu-Ray versions of the movie, each of which boast 30 minutes of extra footage, as opposed to the theatrical PG-13 release. At present the Collector’s Edition are selling on Amazon for €130 (or roughly $145 USD). Batman v Superman director Zack Snyder has recently stated that the movie’s Ultimate Cut will contain more characters, more violence, more Doomsday and a longer ending, among other things.

http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman ... s-edition/

PreviousNext

Return to TV & Film