Batman V Superman V Deadpool - Deadpool Wins

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Tichinde

Re: Batman V Superman - Dawn of Tomorrow's Injustice Batman

Postby Tichinde » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:20 am

Made entirely by the music :)

eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:42 am

Poor guy. :lol:

I think it's been rather understated just how invested Batfleck is in this movie and not just this movie but also with the directorial and partial writing duties of a planned brand new Batman trilogy. I've read and watched a lot of reviews for this now and the majority of them heap huge praise on Ben's version of both Batman and Bruce Wayne with many saying that he single handedly makes it what it is and pretty much carries the film almost entirely on his own shoulders. I don't know yet know if this is true having not seen the film myself but it's plain to see that his addition to the movie has had a positive effect regardless of the RT rating if you read some of the movie going publics reviews on the very same site.

Plus we all know that they have to sit down and do about a hundred or these types of interviews a day answering the same exact questions over and over again to different interviewers and there's no denying it's probably many actors least favourite aspect of being part of the Hollywood film making machine.
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:47 pm

Yeah I've heard the same, and it's actually made me want to see the film just to see his portrayal. I think he plays a much darker Batman than the Bale version, who seemed more beset by inner angst than a burning need for vengeance. I think a solo outing would be a good watch.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:44 pm

lol at Sad Ben...
My face is tired.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:27 pm

Behold The great BvS Divide...

Much as this divide has been characterized as a case of fans disagreeing with critics (even by Warner Bros.’ own Jeff Goldstein, who has described it as “a disconnect between critics and audiences“), the reality is that this is not true at all. For starters, “fan” and “critic” are far from mutually exclusive identifiers; particularly as comic book movies have come to dominate the landscape of cinema, the reviewer pool has come to include a significant percentage of critics who grew up reading comic books, and were therefore already fans of the characters when they went into Batman V Superman. For example, among the reviewers who gave the film generally negative reviews were Comic Book Resources‘ Kristy Putchko and The Guardian‘s self-confessed “longtime fan” Jordan Hoffman. And it’s not like love for Batman and Superman is confined solely to those who have read the source material; the duo have long been established in the mainstream consciousness thanks to their many previous outings in film and television.

It’s also worth noting that the more critical of the critics have been joined by a significant number of serious comic book fans, many of whom have said that they dislike the movie specifically because they feel it is a betrayal of the characters that they love. One point of contention has been Batman’s willingness to deal out excessive violence (including branding some of the criminals he captures, such as sex traffickers, which is explicitly described as a “death sentence” in prison), his use of guns, and his apparent disregard for human life. Conversely, Batman V Superman has also managed to win over a number of people who weren’t fans of Batman or Superman at all prior to watching the movie (this writer included). This is only a war of fans vs. critics if “fans” is taken to mean people who liked Batman V Superman, and “critics” to mean people who were critical of it.

http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman ... s-critics/

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:49 pm

BvS has just crossed the $500 Million mark in 5 days which is just $3 Million less than Iron Man 3 made during the same period and which eventually went on to make $1.2 Billion for Marvel.

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:50 pm

That should also mark the green light for those solo flicks now BvS is just about entering profit, though not sure how much money they will spend on Film Flash and Film Arrow.

Having said that I'm not sure if those two will just be in Justice League films and not be solo like the telly shows, it feels like money spent all over again for the same thing unless they went ahead and called them different Earths.
Youtube Channel Currently Offline https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCImKjJptbRwGw0nHMykzeqg
Blog: http://kensmoviereview.wordpress.com

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue May 03, 2016 2:58 pm

Word is Batman V Superman has made a staggering $40 Million LESS than Deadpool did in the domestic US takings which must come as quite a shock to WB who no doubt expected BvS to hit the golden $1 Billion ticket sales by now some 5 weeks into general release. The cold hard fact is it's not even come close to making in the region of $900 Million due to the massive ticket drop off it suffered. What does this all mean for Snyder and the JL movie I wonder?

Deadpool was an R rated movie on a shoe string $50 Million budget while BvS was a family friendly PG-13 on a massive $250 Million budget. Oof. Better get that R rated BvS out sooner rather than later then WB or better yet give it the theatrical release everyone has been crying out for. Either way JL is on very shaky ground right now.

Prey
Admin

Re: Batman V Superman V Deadpool - Deadpool Wins

Postby Prey » Sat May 07, 2016 3:34 pm

According to Devin Faraci Batfleck was supposedly said to have felt "humiliated" at the poor reception to Batman V Superman...

“My sources have told me that Affleck was incredibly unhappy about the reception of BvS. He felt humiliated after spending so much of the press tour saying how much better this film would be than Daredevil. On top of that his agent was furious when Kevin Tsujihara jumped the gun and announced him as the director of The Batman – there were still negotiations happening. This move seems to help placate Affleck while also edging Zack Snyder out of a controlling central position in the DC Movieverse.”

If so I wonder how bad he must have felt over Gigli?

Source: Screen Rant

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sat May 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Don't forget Pearl Harbor and Armageddon.

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Sun May 08, 2016 5:32 pm

Prey wrote:Better get that R rated BvS out sooner rather than later then WB or better yet give it the theatrical release everyone has been crying out for. Either way JL is on very shaky ground right now.

It's not like they would need to promote it all over again, so yes a limited cinema run would be good, maybe later in the year.
Youtube Channel Currently Offline https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCImKjJptbRwGw0nHMykzeqg
Blog: http://kensmoviereview.wordpress.com

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sun May 08, 2016 11:16 pm

Animalmother wrote:Don't forget Pearl Harbor and Armageddon.

Fuck you! Armageddons awesome!
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Previous

Return to TV & Film